Blade Boat support

I was finally able to complete a decent mission with my new build. I’m calling it the ArduBlade. Not sure how long I was out for sine it seems the log didn’t work but it was about 10 minutes. Ended up getting fouled in the lake weeds and had no steerage.

I created a few missions using q ground control. 2 survey patterns with a few lines, an octogon, and messed with the “go here” function for a while. The log only recorded one minute of data. I didn’t see any write error messages. What could be the cause of this? I’m recording on the Kakute F7 onboard SD card with a class 10 32GB micro SD card. See log below.

00000001.BIN (964 KB)

Boat Details:

Volantex V792-2 Brushless RC Boat

Volantex Vector SR48 V797-3 RC Boat Parts Waterproof And Water Cool Brushless ESC 20A

ZIPPY Compact 2200mAh 2S 35C Lipo Pack

Benewake TF02 Single-point Ranging LiDAR Pixhawk Compatible Radar

HXT900 Micro Servo 1.6kg / 0.12sec / 9g

Holybro Kakute F7 Flight Controller

Holybro Micro M8N GPS Module

image image image


Worked great on the lake on a calm day and was all over the place on a slightly rough day at full speed. Might have to tape down the hatch too, it had a few tablespoons of water in the bilge.

Still having issues with incomplete logs. I ordered a new 64 GB micro SD since most all logging issues I’ve had in the past are due to a bad card.


The boats been working good but I am having intermittent issues with the initial connection to the sik radio. The flight controller is powered on, both sik radios are flashing green/red LEDs but they will not connect. They normally connect within seconds but the only way I can get them to connect when I see this is to unplug/plug the sik radio connector while the FC is powered on. Power cycling the whole boat does not work. I’ve seen this before on another boat but only a couple times.

1 Like

@KG_Fairbarn, that’s looking pretty good. I hope to add a parameter called WP_SPEED_MIN which will allow you to specify the boat’s planing speed so it will keep its speed up in the corners.

I’m not sure about the Sik radio issue I’m afraid. Maybe try setting the TELEM_DELAY parameter to 10 to see if that helps. it’s unlikely to but…