Servers by jDrones

Big Rover - Big Motor (650W) - BLDC Motor Controller - Motor Action Problem

Hello. I’m trying to do Big ArduRover. Equipment I use:
1-) 2 Pieces 650W Brushless Motor
2-) 2 Pieces 48-64 V / 1500W Brushless Motor Controller (Electric bike Driver)
3) 5 Pieces 12Volt 60Ah gel battery
4) Pixhawk Flight Controller
5) ArduRover 4.0 Firmware

I cannot move the 650W motor.
The other small motor (2205) is moving. (For testing)
I have no experience with Rover. I am considered experienced in ArduCopter. I tested the Motor and Driver. They work.
How can I run this type of motor and driver with ArduRover. I want to check with Cuav V5 +…
Thank you in advance for any help.

I tried it with Pixhawk mini. I tried PPM and Sbus protocol. Nothing changed.

That controller have pwm or analog signal?, I hope is analog, chek that.

@cala2 Thank you for your answer.
Normally it is controlled by the throttle handle like in the picture. 3 wires come out of throttle handle.

Yes thats a common analog potentiometer 0-5v, pixhawk need a pwm signal, you need to convert or use a potentiometer move with a servo

@cala2 Thanks to you, I understood the problem clearly. I think it will be a Mechanical transformation that you are talking about. Can it be used stably with ArduRover? Or do you have any other driver suggestions? This vehicle should be able to act autonomously.
Since it is a brushless motor driver, what is the probability of converting the Analog signal to PWM inside. If I open the drive inside, can a solution be found?
Thanks

Hi,
I solved the same problem with: PT01B - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32894100377.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dNQhpV9
Settings MOT_PWM_TYPE : 0 ,
if you use MOT_PWM_TYPE 3, another converter is required.

1 Like

Thanks for the info Jirik

1 Like

I starting a similar proyect than you, Im not an expert but I hope that you cant, Jiri solution looks the best if you can buy it, (I have customer restrictions but try to find here ) I read that a low pass filter do the same job but I dont try yet. Nice frame Im going to share my work when I advance a bit.

1 Like

@JirikCZ Thank you very much for the unique information.
@cala2 I am looking forward to your work.

https://tr.aliexpress.com/item/10000166232268.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.65b93c00p5hlNu&mp=1

How is this product. I think it looks just right.

Im not have experience with that

1 Like
Servers by jDrones