Bicopter tilt rotor VTOL frame setup

I am building a Osprey V-22 VTOL with 2 tilt rotors with partial success running KK2 for all basic maneuver (bench testing). Am now trying to run it with Pixhawk/Ardupilot QPlane.

Have gone thru most of the threads particularly the one which refers Peter Hall’s code in Github in 2019. Have these codes been integrated into the current Arduplane firmware so that for those who have no coding knowledge (like me) can easily configure in MP ?
Apparently these codes have not been integrated as I have difficulty making the servos for the 2 tilt rotors work in QSTABILIZE mode (Q_FRAME CLASS set to 10, and Q_TILT_TYPE set to 3)

Thank Peter for his work on this.

I thought you needed swash for a V-22 type craft to work right. And AFAIK that’s not supported.

Thank you for yr reply. Do you mean a swash plate for heli ? I have a V-22 working which does not need a swash, but is running KK2, instead of Pixhawk.
See attached photos.

Yes. V-22’s and their derivatives have swash plates. I haven’t seen any Bicopter tilt (only) rotors on the forum here that have flown well. I have seen some fail and a 3rd motor is added to the rear…

1 Like