Bicopter ardupilot firmware

no need to do anything, just if you want to look at the code changes or build for a different flight controller yourself.

Thank you, unfortunately I do not understand software at a sufficient level to do so. I trust your blessed help. But I do know how to build, do integration & to run system level debugging process … so I hope to help the community and those who come after me.

Hi Pete,

I’m Damar. Many thanks on your work on this one.
I want to implement in on my 3dr pixhawk. Can i know the servo configuration for your firmware? I mean what servo goes to what channel

Hi Damar,

Set tilt left and right and throttle left and right on the servo outputs page, all the plane stuff is standard

I already set it up that way, tilt right and left in servo 7,8 and throttle right and left in servo 5,6. But when i monitor the output pwm in mission planner i dont see any pwm output on those chanel.

and actually there is no option 3 in my Q_TILT_TYPE although i already upload your firmware

Pada Kamis, 7 November 2019 16.44.28 WIB, Peter Hall via ArduPilot Discourse noreply@ardupilot.org menulis:

iampete
Peter Hall

November 7

Hi Damar,

Set tilt left and right and throttle left and right on the servo outputs page, all the plane stuff is standard

have you pressed your safety button if one is fitted? You will have to update mission planner to get the latest parameter descriptions.

this is now in master so it would recommend flying that,

http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Plane/latest/

Hi Pete, i already download your new firmware and install it in my pixhawk but i still doesnt work. and i already make sure that my safety switch is pressed. Do i miss something here? I already attached my parameter file in this email. Could you help me to see if there is something i miss? Thanks in advance.

I want the configuration be like,

Servo 1 = Aileron

Servo 2 = Elevator
Servo 3 = Throttle
Servo 4 = Rudder
Servo 5 = Motor Right

Servo 6 = Motor Left

Servo 7 = Tilt Right

Servo 8 = Tilt Left

The vehicle configuration is the same like falcon21 shared before

So far i already set it up that way, and when i set it to the stabilize mode, i expect that the servo 7 and 8 output some PWM right? But unfortunately i don’t see any change in those channel. And i also confuse how we can change between vtol mode and conventional fixed wing during the flight.

Thank you you so much pete if you can help me

Pada Kamis, 7 November 2019 17.17.16 WIB, Peter Hall via ArduPilot Discourse noreply@ardupilot.org menulis:

iampete
Peter Hall

November 7

have you pressed your safety button if one is fitted? You will have to update mission planner to get the latest parameter descriptions.

alt DamarHardy:
upload your firmware

this is now in master so it would recommend flying that,

http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Plane/latest/

DamarVTOL.param (20.6 KB)

i use this firmware of yoursarduplane (2).apj (1019.4 KB)

try setting Q_TILT_MASK to 3. I would defiantly recommend you flash the latest release from master.

Logs and vids are much more useful for debugging if your having any issues.

Hi, Peter, thank you very much for your efforts! I’m building a bicopter two-axis aircraft. My flight control is cuav pixhack V3x. The firmware is version 4.0. But my aircraft doesn’t work properly. I have a chance to roll when I push the accelerator. If you can, I hope you can help me! Here is my parameter file.
hdx2.param (20.6 KB)

Because I can’t speak English, I use translation software to translate it into English. I hope it won’t cause you too much trouble

Hi, hard to say whats going on from just the params, a vid and/or a log would help.

Sorry, I can’t upload the flight log

hdx6.param (21.8 KB)
This is a new parameter file of my two axis vehicle. It can fly normally, but the pitch axis will shake when flying

Great, that first step is to get it flying!

Pitch tuning is tricky, you will have to play with the PID’s. There are some instructions on the wiki.

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/tuning-process-instructions.html#manual-tuning-of-roll-and-pitch

Once pitch is flying OK you could probably get away with using auto tune for roll and maybe yaw.

Well, thank you very much.

能知道用的是什么固件吗?谢谢…

I use fixed wing firmware 4.0

Hi, Peter, can I use the multi rotor firmware to build the bicopter, because I found that the fixed wing firmware can’t be used to locate with optical flow, ultrasonic, laser.

yep, bicopter is in copter 4.0