BGC gimbal as PWM

cool parameters.param (17.4 KB)

I’ve got a BGC 8-bit 2-axis gimbal running on 2.2b2. I think I have the parameters set up correctly, but it isn’t working. According to the BCG gimbal page:

“[…]the SimpleBGC can be connected using PWM[…]”

I understand that this isn’t recommended but I’m out of serial ports. So…
https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-brushless-pwm-gimbal.html#common-brushless-pwm-gimbal
The following parameters have been set:
MNT1_TYPE = 7
RC6_OPTION=213
SERVO6_FUNCTION=7

The Radio Calibration page in mission planner recognizes the dial I plan to use as “Radio 6”. So I’ve got my RC set up correctly and the signal is getting from the RC to Mission Planner. The Servo Output page also shows channel 6 as being Mount1Pitch.

Also I went into SimpleBCG GUI and verified that Pitch is set to RC_PITCH and it’s set to PWM.

I took the props off the quad and tested to see if the gimbal moved when it was armed, but being armed/disarmed doesn’t make a difference. The gimbal stabilizes when powered on but pitch doesn’t respond.

I feel like I missed a parameter somewhere but I’ve been reading and re-reading wiki articles and I don’t know what I skipped over. It should be working. But it isn’t.

I have a BGC gimbal working fine on PWM. Check RC6_TRIM, I think it should probably be something like 1500.

Perhaps check your wiring?

1 Like

Dude!

I had the servo leads plugged into M5! I switched to M6 and it works now. You’re a freaking genius!

Also RC6_TRIM was set to 1083 for some reason.

But you fixed it!!!