Best version of Mission Planner to use with ArduCopter 3.2.1

Im using Arducopter 3.2.1 and APM 2.6 to give myself a graduate level course in Arduino :-):sunglasses:
Since development on this platform is now static I would like to dissect the code to learn as much about it as I can. I would like to eventually strip it down to where it only contains the parts pertinent to the APM 2.6.

My question here is what is the best most stable version of Mission Planner to use with the old APM 2.6?

Thanks!
Bill

1 Like

I think you should just use the current version. Mission Planner is just a Ground Control/Telemetry System.

Thanks for input David. I’m running 1.3.61 which I believe is the latest version.
Is the menu bar no longer implemented? Cant seem to find it anywhere. Im trying to only display the map in the Flight Data configuration. Is this even possible anymore?

Which menu bar? Mission Planner does more than ever now but I don’t recall any features being removed. Take a screen shot of your problem and attach it if possible .

I am just getting started on a couple of APM 2.8 based projects and am very interested in what you find out. I’m still waiting on al my hardware to come in, but plan to start trying to make everything work together over Christmas break.