Best low cost avoidance sensor?

Hey all! I’m looking for a reliable and inexpensive rangefinder. It seems like benewake is a popular brand. What would you recommend for use with the cube? Ideally something on I2C to save serial ports.

The Benewake also has an I2C version as well.

1 Like

I can’t seem to find a link to the I2C enabled version anywhere. Do you have a link? I found this on the forum, but it requires an arduino to translate serial to I2C.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks! Unfortunately it appears to have some issues according to the only review, which is 2 weeks old.

Connect with @ppoirier he is the master of Lidar. I have not heard of this issue before. But He knows much more then I do.

1 Like

Looks like typical early adopter issue, I know they asked some devs to write drivers, so a little patience is required

1 Like

the I2C version of TFMini does not have a driver yet - right? i can tell that with the most recent master the default embedded serial TFMini driver works fine - i was able just to connect new tfmini to the model, chose its type and it worked OOB with no pre-required setup in its utility, as before, to choose pix mode, etc. it just worked.

1 Like

review is odd. what i can say - i have may be 5 or 6 of those lidars now - the last two i got had very bad soldering of its usb connector - on one unit it got off immediately, other one had one side popped up - so, when you get it, get board off and i would suggest re-soldering its sides properly to make sure it will stay where it should be.

1 Like