Best HD FPV-system for Ardupilot mid-range FPV?

Hi, which HD system is best compatible with ardupilot?

I think there are three most common systems at the moment: Waksnail and HDZero and DJI.

I read a lot about DJI and ardupilot but not much about the compatilibity of the other system. Has somebody experience?

Thanks

HDZero works, I haven’t tried the others. What are your goals?

I completely want to switch to a new system, including new goggles.
The system should be able to dispay as much data as possible from Ardupilot. I think my other requirements are met by all manufacturers.

I would look at WFB-NG, while hard to set up it will be significantly more flexible and capable that typical FPV systems, it should be able to serve as an all-in-one link for video and MavLink.

Looks interesting. I prefere open-source projects over DJI stuff. But I think this WFB-NG variant is much heavier and more expensive at the moment because of the Jetson Nano, carrier board and arducam?
Which goggle does it support? All with HDMI-input?

IIRC WFB-NG (and most other derivatives of the original WFB) work with regular RPis.
It supports any display or googles that can be driven by your receiver/GCS setup. RPi has a HDMI out so it can drive HDMI googles.

The system should be able to dispay as much data as possible from Ardupilot.

More than the typical analog OSD? Sorry for the late reply.

Don’t worry, it’s nothing urgend.
The normal list of OSD panals is enough. As I can see, some values I missed some years ago were added the last years like more temp values.
vhttps://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-osd-overview.html#list-of-osd-

Even though I prefer open source as well, I much prefer DJI for its image quality and hardware reliability over Walksnail and HDZero. If I were you, I’d go find a pair of DJI Goggles V1 or V2 (not Goggles 2 nor Integra), and an original DJI Airunit or Caddx Vista. Reason being you can hack it with WTFOS for full OSD MSP data support, showing everything the analog OSD has.

Walksnail works. I like it. I use analog and DJI as well. The setup for Walksnail was pretty simple and straight forward.

If it’s just OSD, then any of them can be made to work. And you can get super into the numbers to which system has the best X or Y.

Personally, between DJI and Walksnail (and I’m going to guess HDZero but I’ve never used them), they are all such an investment in a system pick the one that you feel most comfortable with, buy it and don’t look back. For the majority of users they all work perfectly well. Just depends on how much tinkering you want to do.

1 Like

Okay when there are not much technical differences, I have to find a way to try some googles and then I will decide on my personal feeling.

One of the main selling points with HDZero for me was the ability to hook up the VRX to a TV via HDMI, I’m not a fan of goggles. To do that with DJI I think you have to buy an expensive adapter. The 2nd reason I went with HDZero was the consistent latency.

I still may get DJI in the future though, they’re all decent systems.

Interesting and I think HDZero goggles also work with analog systems?

How about head tracking for FPV flight with planes? For my self-built analog goggle I use an small arduino which is connected to my Taranis via cable but maybe there is a better solution with the new HD FPV systems?

The Walksnail VRX also outputs via an HDMI to goggles or TV or whatever. That was a big deal for me as well.

I run the VRX into my analog goggles and those have a built in head tracker module.