Bayonet connecters used on HereLink controller antenna

I’m trying to identify the connectors used on the HereLink antenna.

They are bayonet connectors - similar to HD-BNC. I can’t seem to find something with a datasheet that matches the size.

My plan is to make extension cables so I can keep my controller in a shaded place, and have the antenna out where it has clear view of the sky.

I’ve put requests out to coax vendors - still waiting for responses.

I’ve taken some photos, and disassembled one to take a look inside.

The nice folks at AirBot gave me a link to someone they think simply cannibalize the HereLink antenna connector. They sell a antenna for HereLink with a 30’ extension - and they ask 1,000 euros for it. So I guess they can afford to cannibalize antenna.

I’d appreciate any thoughts or suggestions - Thanks!

Philip defines the connector type as Mini-BNC in this thread.

Thanks Manav -

I’ve looked at all the mini-BNC connectors in the DigiKey catalog. None have the right dimensions on their datasheets.

In my recent dialog with Philip, he hasn’t offered any guidance other than I’m not likely to find it.

His recommendation is to attach something directly to the U. FL connectors that the antenna connections use to attach to the electronics inside the controller.

There are pros and cons to that approach - and I may eventually go that route.

Does this one match (or any on this site)?

Unfortunately not.

Most BNC connectors (like the one in your link) have a rotating ring to lock the bayonet fitting. These connectors do not - the whole connector is rotated to lock the bayonet fitting. This is the typical design of the hd-bnc connector - but I haven’t found any that match the dimensions.

Because of the absence of a rotating ring, this connector appears definitely not to be a mini BNC.

Another note - I’ve been advised that this appears to be a 50 ohm connector. People say this is identified by the insolation around the center pin.