Basic tuning

Hi, i was wondering if somebody could explain which are the units of “turn speed” parameter in basic tunning.
I mean (degrees/s , rad/s or m/s).

Does it affect the STEER2SRV_TCONST parameter ?

there exist a manual where I can find the meaning of the “Turn speed” parameter?.
thanks for your support

@rubenray,
When in doubt, RTM http://rover.ardupilot.com/wiki/apmrover2-parameters/
There is no “turn speed” parameter in the ArduRover parameter list.
Are you referring to the SPEED_TURN_GAIN parameter?
If so, it is a percentage of the CRUISE_SPEED.
Regards,
TCIII AVD

Your single biggest issue is getting rid of a wiggly path - it wastes both time and speed.

I have been able to fix it briefly once, and could never get it back again after a firmware update as I never saved those settings.

If you have connected to your boat via the MP GCS your old parameter files will automatically be saved.
As I said in my other post try increasing your NAVL1_PERIOD and see how you go. Otherwise post a dataflash (.bin) log file with logging enabled and we can have a look.

Thanks, Grant.

Yeah, I have found that the NAVL1_PERIOD is very important to boats in the fluid environment that they operate in.

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

Hi Grant,
I unfortunately had a ‘fly-away’ and it ran aground and seized the outboard motor before I could get to it, but I am back on track with a new motor.
I need to understand this NAVL1_PERIOD a bit better.
Regards
John

You may want to just have 1 waypoint to go to and observe the behavior of the track of the boat as you change various parameters.

Regards,
David R. Boulanger