Bad Gyro Health Good 3.3V Regulator

So I built a new Copter, downloaded latest firmware etc. got the Bad Gyro Health message, APM wouldn’t arm, spinning display, blah blah same story as everyone else however my 3.3v regulator is not blown. Measuring the voltage at the 12C I get 3.3v. I have searched around a bunch and found plenty of information about the blown 3.3v regulator and how to replace it but I have found nothing mentioning any other cause. One more thing, at one point yesterday while I was trying to get it working it did stabilize, and the bad gyro health message went away though it still wouldn’t arm. Then after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery it went back to the bad gyro condition.

Copter info:
Quad
APM 2.5 genuine 3D Robotics
AC V 3.1.3

Anybody have any thoughts, suggestions or advice?

[color=#000040]
Well Insure that hdop (your current hdop) is not above the mission planner hdop parameter.
In mission Planner 1.3.1.2 the current hdop value seen by your APM is shown on the bottom left of the [Flight Data] screen

Click on mission planner [Config / Tuning] then [full parameter list] click on [Find] and enter: GPS_HDOP_GOOD
I believe the default value is 200 ( the decimal point isn’t there)

If your local hdop is more than 2 then you’ll get bad gps health!

Beware that 2 isn’t that high… if you raise it too much don’t expect to have precise RTL or Waypoints!

Hope this helps.
Henri
[/color]

[quote=“eatnbugs”]So I built a new Copter, downloaded latest firmware etc. got the Bad Gyro Health message, APM wouldn’t arm, spinning display, blah blah same story as everyone else however my 3.3v regulator is not blown. Measuring the voltage at the 12C I get 3.3v. I have searched around a bunch and found plenty of information about the blown 3.3v regulator and how to replace it but I have found nothing mentioning any other cause. One more thing, at one point yesterday while I was trying to get it working it did stabilize, and the bad gyro health message went away though it still wouldn’t arm. Then after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery it went back to the bad gyro condition.

Copter info:
Quad
APM 2.5 genuine 3D Robotics
AC V 3.1.3

Anybody have any thoughts, suggestions or advice?[/quote]

@eatnbugs,
The GPS is powered by +5vdc. The I2C 3.3vdc has nothing to do with the GPS.
Regards,
TCIII GM

Thanks for the replies but it’s not the GPS that is giving me trouble but the Gyro’s. Or at least the message “bad gyro health” refers to them. I will check the hdop though since you suggested it.

Any other suggestions

Thanks
eatnbugs