Bad Baro Health / Bad Gyro Health

Hello all,

I have an APM 2.6 and when I flash it with APM:Plane 3.1.0 using the Arduino IDE / mission planner, the mission planner HUD flashes a warning message stating either “Bad Baro Health” or “Bad Gyro Health”.

In CLI, under test mode, when I run the “INS” test to check the Gyro, all the values are zero. they remain zero regardless of what orientation the APM is in.

Likewise, the “airpressure” test, first calibrates the Barometer and then continually prints “Bad baro health”.

This problem disappears if I flash the previous firmware version; the Gyro and barometer tests in CLI output results.

Any idea whats happening?

Thanks,
Madhu.

Do you check if you havent got any issue with the voltage regulator ?

Hello,

Yes. That was the first step of troubleshooting I carried out. The voltage regulator is fine. No issues with it.

What is surprising is that with APM:Plane 3.0.3, the sensors work just fine. The CLI tests pass.

Only with APM:Plane 3.1.0 do the tests fail and the sensors report bad health.

Thanks,
Madhu.

Hello,

Any help is appreciated with this issue.

I can post logs if required.

Thanks,
Madhu.

@madhunm,
Yes, please post tlogs and/or data flash logs to help with troubleshooting your issue.
Regards,
TCIII GM

I also have this problem with the baro on an APM 2.5 board. The 3.3V regulator is fine and the baro passes all its tests with Arducopter 3.1.5 and Mission Planner 1.3.9. However Arduplane 3.x is a different matter. With Arduplane 3.1.0 I get the “bad health” message and no data but with 3.0.x I get data displayed but it doesn’t change even if the APM board is moved up 1-2 metres. When I go back to Arduplane 2.78b the baro works as expected. The most interesting thing is that if I load Arduplane 3.1.0 and look at the pressure readings with APM Planner2 rather than Mission Planner the baro appears to be working fine in the pressure graph. This leads me to wonder if there is an issue with the combination of Arduplane 3.x and Mission Planner. This behaviour is identical with 2 different APM 2.5 boards.

Any suggestions would help as I’d rather use Arduplane 3.x than 2.78b. Please let me know if more info is needed.

[quote=“TCIII”]@madhunm,
Yes, please post tlogs and/or data flash logs to help with troubleshooting your issue.
Regards,
TCIII GM[/quote]

Hello,

Since I am too scared to fly with the bad health; i think TLOGS are out of the question.

is there any way to log diagnostics?

Thanks,
Madhu.

You can get dataflash logs without flying. Start by connecting to the apm board in say flight data and move the board up and down vertically just to make the baro work. Disconnect and go back to the CLI (“Terminal” on menu) and download the logs. You can then browse the log again in the CLI and graph the contents and see if your baro is working (NTUN -> Alt checkbox) In my case the baro always works as expected but Mission Planner always says it is not healthy with Arduplane 3.x.x. I have attached 2 dataflash logs one from an APM 2.5 board and one from a HKPilot Mini and in both cases the baro data seems fine but Mission Planner reports “not healthy”. I have tried a very old Mission planner 1.2.x and the “not healthy” message is the same. In both cases Arducopter 3.1.5 is fine seems to point to an Arduplane issue.

Maybe the logs from a bench test would be enough to diagnoses the problem.

Same issue. Dont have a gps so cannot comment on that aspect but the pressure sensor has the same problem, unless i install arducopter 3.xx or arduplane2.xx. With Arduplane 3.xx installed airpressure does NOT work, gives bad health.
Thank you

Hello,

I have attached the dataflash log from my APM2.6.

I flashed APM:Plane 3.1.1 and let the APM sit on the table.

Please let me know if this is fine.

[attachment=0]Arduplane 3.1.1.log[/attachment]

Thanks,
Madhu.

Hello,

Just to test a wild theory, I uploaded APM:Copter 3.1.5 to my APM and the baro test works flawlessly.

Any idea whats going on?

Thanks,
Madhu.

Hello,

Can anyone shed some light here?

Thanks,
Madhu.

I also experienced the same thing. the message was “not healthy”. When I changed the firmware to 3.03, the airpressure test workin, but the values doesn’t changed. Finally I upload the lastArducopter firmware, and the baro test is working without problems.
Is the last APM Plane firmware is safe?

Hello ArduPilot team,

What other information would you need to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Madhu.

Hello,

Does anyone have any idea that may help resolve this problem?

It looks like I am not the only one facing this.

Thanks,
Madhu.

When will 3.1.2 be out?

Mike,

I dont even think anyone is looking at this. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Regards,
Madhu.

I have Bad Baro Health also, but the warning only shown for about 10 to 15 Seconds. Is the warning only shown on that period of time only?

I just discovered that I have the same problem guys.
Appreciate the hard work from the tech team and I hope there comes a solution soon.
Cheers.