Auwsume HexSoon EDU 450

No, unfortunately not. If you or someone ist still Interested we would need to discuss what you want to mount inside. It’s customized for my purpose.

I think what is useful are the mounting points for the antennas and the housing. With the spacers you can use a Tattu 4S 6,700 mAh battery which than fits between the plates. The gimbal mounting is not great. The housing is adapted for a Herelink and some electronics, but it must be adapted for weight distribution and stuff you want to mount.

What lights are you using? Are they the AliExpress aircraft lights with strobes?

These are strobon lights from flytron.

1 Like

Hello,

The HexSoon EDU450 and the Cube orange is my first Drone built and am a little in the woods here… Maybe a silly question, as I plan to use the MINI POWER HUB W/ BEC 5V & 12V to power the drone, do I take the power from the BEC 5V and connect to Power 1 on the Cube? -Or will I connect the BEC that come with the Cube and power the cube from this?

Also, if power from PDB is that the only connection that will go between the PDB and the Cube?

Wish you many happy landings and a Merry Christmas!

J

1 Like

I would use the mini power brick that came with the cube to power it. Use the 5v output on the PDB for other accessories such as a telemetry radio or VTX.

1 Like

Ok, good, sounds reasonable…

Just discovered a hiccup I have done when ordering the GPS…I did order a M9N GPS with the JST GHR1.25mm 10pin cable… Not the 6 pin - dough! -Been keen to get moving and not bother to ship anything back could I cut of the cable and solder on one of the cables that came with the Cube Orange kit?

1 Like

Hi fellow Hexsoon 450 flyers,firstly a mery Xmas and prosperous new year,santa’s elves delivered me the new GPS stand and the new led lights,the GPS stand is made to fit the cube 3 GPS and the leds just snugly fit between the motor mount and legs and work a treat,I have mine with white on the front and red on the back,and when I arm it the rear red led stays on but a white strobe light flashes,just awesome and I believe new legs coming as well thank you Team Hexsoon,Hex Cube pilot and the great team at 3DXR here in the UK,

1 Like

Good morning and hope y’all have a quiet xmas morning…

The EDU450 is now alive here in Stavanger, but two out of 4 motors down spin as normal when doing the Motor Test. They just “kicks” but dont spin… Any idea what this can be? Tried to swap the 3 cables around but no impact.

As the other two operate normally, I assume there is nothing wrong with the power…

J

1 Like

I ran into that when I had students building the kit. I found that the bullet connectors seemed to need to be re-soldered. Once we did that it cleared up most of the issues. On a couple we still had to move connections around too. I wonder if the newer kits are putting some kind of coating on the connectors that is creating just that bit of extra resistance or oxidization to cause trouble.

1 Like

@Allister
Thanks, that actually cured all issues… -resoldering sorted everything!!

Now ready for take off!

2 Likes

OK, first flight not 100% success…

For some reason it dont seem to be enough power enough to get the craft of the ground. I had calibrated the radio and ArduPilot have the values (radio output) 980+1500-2006 (on Thr). Still the motors spin up to just short of taking off - but will not take off… I use a 3S 5000mAh battery. Its pretty cold here today (-3C). Standard 2216/880KV motors & 20A BEC that came with the kit.

A little cautious to start manipulating the values before I have a understanding of the basics here… How can I adjust the radio inputs? I also find that I move the stick maybe 40% before the motor react…

1 Like

It’s -30c today here, so no flight testing for me. :slight_smile: I’ve been building mine on 4S, but I worry that’s a bit overkill for these so you should have sufficient power on 3S.

What values did you get in the motor tests? MOT_SPIN_MIN and MOT_SPIN_ARM?

What mode were you trying to take off in? In Stabilized mode the motor RPM should follow the throttle stick, however in ALT-HOLD the motors won’t spin up until ~50% and then really get going once you pass that point. It’s always best to do the first flight, even for must a few moments in stabilized, just to make sure the basics are working.

1 Like

-30C… ai, thats “nippy”… :slight_smile:

You may have a point regarding Stablized and Althold mode… Come think about it, I missed double checking it as I had a element of “overload of things” that didnt work… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: - But will not disregard it. More testing and will pay attention to this as well…

MOT_SPIN_MIN is set to 0.98 and MOT_SPIN_ARM to 0.1

1 Like

Joar I fly my one on 4s but the throttle used is about 29% so 3s should be ok as Allister says try stabilized should be o/k

1 Like

MOT_SPIN_MIN needs to be less, something like 0.12
MOT_SPIN_MAX should always be 0.95

1 Like

Realizing that 1 is 100% of course .98 is way off for MIN

1 Like

Yes, type error… it was supposed to be the other way around… :stuck_out_tongue:

You can check the video of installation on the official website now(www.hexsoon.com)