Auwsume HexSoon EDU 450

Hmm have they change the landing gear i just picked one up

1 Like

Hi buddy what was the current draw can we use hex mini brick ?

Yes you can use the mini brick

Has anyone had any success getting a camera gimbal to fit this frame? Maybe something like an Infinity MR-S2 from HD AirStudio? Or is that entirely too big. Thanks.

That gimbal would never fit on this. 1.3KG with camera! Really too small for anything other than an old GoPro gimbal. But you could hard mount a Hero 9 and its stabilization is better than any hobby gimbal anyway. My 2 cents.

Ah okay thanks @Marc_Dornan. Yeah I’d love a smaller frame like this that I could get a nice camera on like an a6500. Any suggestions?

Cheers

1 Like

Honestly you cannot get a camera like that on a small frame. Need an 800mm frame at least.

1 Like

Hi, how did you set up your propellers directions on Daya H4 680?
Did you use X frame (front right CCW) or H frame (front right CW)?

You have triple posted this.

I used Quad X. With a (roughly) symmetrical quad frame like the Daya I don’t think the Quad X vs Quad H mix really makes any difference, as long as you match the motor/prop direction.

I have a Naked GoPro Hero8 mounted on my EDU-450 - works great. I also have a FPV camera and VTX. I also had a full size GoPro Hero8 using the cable that allows eliminating the battery by connecting the power from the main battery balancing leads to the camera’s USB - no problem with that extra weight.

2 Likes

@jstroup1986 awesome build! I’m just adding fpv camera and vtx on mine integrated also with a Micro HKPilot OSD.
Anyone has some suggestions on motor replacement? I have one of the motor with problem and I’ve found some Holybro spare motor anyway I’m thinking if there is some other option maybe also with more powerful motor.

Thanks,
Gianluca

1 Like

Ive been thinking of new motors for a while nothing wrong with the kit ones and mine have had abuse,but would love to try some quality carbon props (yet to decide on props),but been casting my dubious eye’s over these motors I rekon would be super smooth just after xmas I think ile take the plunge ang get them T-Motor -CINE66 - Multirotor from 3DXR UK Hope this helps you and 3DXR offer excellent service.

I agree the motors aren’t anything to write home about, but I think if I was going to spend the money I’d probably go for the ESC’s first. Get something more up to date that will provide telemetry.

Yes, they’ve even been willing to help out those of us in the colonies. The shipping to Canada is sometimes an issue (not their fault), but the few times we’ve used them it’s been worth it for the service.

1 Like

Thanks,
maybe I’ll go for that path with some newer ESC (Flycolor X-Cross/ Turnigy?) and change the faulty motor with a holybro branded 2216 it’s more common to find that one than the T-motor branded…

Hi Allister,I did not realise you were in Canada thought you were in Switzerland dont no why ive also got telemetry esc’s to fit to lazy to strip down my beloved Hexsoon.

General Fox here is the motor set for the Hexsoon T-Motor Air Gear 450 Combo - Motors, ESCs and Props - Multirotor from 3DXR UK hope this helps

2 Likes

Hi Marty yes I’ve seen but unfortunately they are out of stock.
Anyway I’ve just dropped a mail to 3DXR just to see if they can help, they are very good guy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi General Fox,did you get sorted out with a motor,I hope so

@MartyMcFly in the end I bought this one Holybro S500 V2 Brushless Motor 2216 880kv - CCW Version | Frame Accessories & Spare Parts | Drone Frames | Multirotor | Premium-Modellbau - EN it’s the same as the t-motor. Tomorrow it should be in my hand and hopefully an easy plug and play replacement :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you ever finalize the canopy design or release any files for this one?