Autotune, What is the programs goal?

I have been trying to get my S900/Pixhawk tuned for AP. It flies well but I have a lot of shake in my video. I can shoot stills comfortably at 1/125th and above. However, video is unusable at this point…

Having read many many discussions and how-to’s on tuning I am still struggling getting it smoothed out…

Camera is attached to DYS 2-axis gimbal… I suppose it’s tuning and dampening could be part of the problem as well but logic tells me I have to get the copter as smooth as it can be first…

Yes, I have balanced the motors and props…

The question, What is the Autotune program’s goal? Asked another way, Is Autotune trying to get PID’s as high as possible without oscillation?

After an Autotune, what approach should an AP fly take to smooth it out for best video…

My approach has been to back off P and I and raise D… I have found I have D at .020 wich appears to be max MP will not let me tune it higher…

So, my next approach was/is going to be to turn D down to 0 or near 0 and increment it up with P and I and the Autotune results…

To add to the difficulty, The rig is too big to tune while holding, I have no Jig to tie it to. So, I have to tune in the air… I can’t really use my FPV feed for fine adjustments so, I make a PID adjustment, fly and record for 2 minutes, land, make and adjustment and repeat…

I have only one battery so, I can do this 5 or 6 times… before leaving the field and get to home base and review my videos…

My recent test… youtu.be/GDg5v5C6zHw

Thanks!

i think your problem is just vibration. autotune tunes PID settings by itself and takes approximately 7 minutes. the pid settings is can be different depending your copter’ weight, motors, and props.

GT-I9100 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi