Autotune never ends (rc1 and rc2)

Never ending autotune

As with -rc1 also -rc2 never ends the autotuning within 7 min and for Roll only.
The values decrease slowly from the manual setup below the defaults.
With the manual PID’s the Hexa DJI F550 flyes perfect, but with the defaults it was nearly not to control.

Here the LOG:

lorbass,
Thanks for testing this.
It looks to me like it was making progress. From the attached graph we can see that it had brought the Rate Roll P down from about 0.4 to 0.103 and Rate Roll D from 0.01 down to 0.0035.

I’m not the AutoTune expert but I think it takes more time if the initial values are far from the ideals. Maybe 0.4 is just a really long way from the final values it would naturally reach. I think if you try again from lower PID values (like Rate Roll P of 0.1, Rate Roll D of 0.0035) it will complete faster (assuming that those values are flyable of course!).

Thank you verry much Randy,
Thats the Point. With the PID’s for Roll/Pitch which Autotune produce, the Copter is not flyable.
Even not with the PID’s of 3.3.3 and Pixhawk. The behavior was nearly like in manual mode.

But the Rate_Yaw P, Autotune increased the default from 0.18 up to 1.2
and also with this high Value Yaw is perfect.

I don’t know what happend with the PID’s calculating between 3.3.3 and 3.4-rc1 or -rc2
or if another Param has an influence of the reaction (eg. Filter or I Max)
Perhaps you?

For me its no longer a problem, I found the values in 4 weeks daily tests and even in a cage starting with all values at Zero. (no risk)
But newbees will not be lucky an quick be frustrated.

Hi lorbass,

I have had a look at your log and there is no way this copter will autotune. There is a lot of rate variation, so much so it looks like your autopilot is very loose or it could also be hard mounted with vibration.

Do you have photos of your frame and autopilot mounting you could share?

I hope I can help with some more information.

Hi Leonardt,
I’m late to answer.
Thank you for your reply.
Here the pics of the DJI Hexa F550 with the Pixracer

Your help would be appretiate
Kind regards, Otto