AutoTune just makes it worse?

I recently purchased a 3DR 2014 Quad kit and since I completed building it I have been trying to get it fine tuned.

What I have on it
880kv 3DR black motors
3DR 20Amp SimonK esc’s
APM 2.6 w/gps-compass, power module, telemetry module
5000mAh 4S battery pack
10x4.7 APC Props

Total weight all loaded up is just over 3.5lbs, I am averaging 15 minutes of flight time.

Everything has been balanced and calibrated (compasmot, accel, compass) I can only tune it so far where it seems to be stable and not shaking in the air. When I use autotune, after it’s done and I use the new pid’s it sets, the next time I go to take off it wobbles almost out of control, useless.

I would GREATLY appreciate any guidance with this issue.

I have always had the same thing with autotune, the trick is to turn down the stabilize P values along the top to what you had them at before, in your case 7.5-> 4.5

I had mine go from 2->11 before after an auto tune on a large octa, I tell you it is hard to land that thing on 11!!!

[quote=“kfennell”]I have always had the same thing with autotune, the trick is to turn down the stabilize P values along the top to what you had them at before, in your case 7.5-> 4.5

I had mine go from 2->11 before after an auto tune on a large octa, I tell you it is hard to land that thing on 11!!![/quote]

I wouldn’t want to see that on an octa after what my quad did when I was trying the new settings, just way too out of control… :astonished:

I will have to give that a try tomorrow, we just ended up with a hot windy afternoon followed by a pretty decent t-storm…

Thanks

[quote=“kfennell”]I have always had the same thing with autotune, the trick is to turn down the stabilize P values along the top to what you had them at before, in your case 7.5-> 4.5

I had mine go from 2->11 before after an auto tune on a large octa, I tell you it is hard to land that thing on 11!!![/quote]

Well I gave that a try and I still have severe wobbling, I am now starting over from scratch hoping that I can at least get close enough…