Autotune Failed To Complete

Hi, I had my first attempt at autotune on 3.1.1 today and it failed to complete. My setup is a DJI F450 frame with the kit motors and ESCs, 10" props powered by 3s lipo. I have a Gopro on board as well, but not on a gimbal or any kind of damping, just ridgidly fixed to the frame.

This was my first flight with 3.1.1 (previously been using 3.0.1) and the quad flies ok in stabilise, alt-hold, loiter, RTL works, drift works, etc.

When I tried autotune the quad went through the roll cycle, I had to correct quite a few times because it was getting blown away in a steady breeze. But it never got onto the pitch cycle. I had Andopilot connected as my ground station and it shouted out “autotune failed” (or words to that effect).

I’ve had a brief look in the logs, but I’m not sure what I’m looking for really. Can anyone give me any clues as to why autotune is failing?

Logs attached - I had a two attempts as you can probably see in the logs, but it failed both times.
Thanks,
Rob.

Your autotune has failed because it started to get dangerously low Stab_P values. You may want to try again in calmer conditions. However, the most likely cause is that your frame is too flexible or your battery or another mass is able to move on the frame.

I don’t think there is anything that can move around on the frame, the battery is velcro’d on the base and held with a strap as well. There was a fair breeze, so maybe it was that. Calm days are few and far between at the minute :slight_smile:

I’ll have another go when the weather is nicer.

Thanks for talking a look.
Rob.