Autotune does not make adjustments

Hi, I have tried to do a autotune and have not noticed any changes in roll or pitch. I looked at the log as stated in the wiki also.
Is there a setting which I need to select/change before autotune will make changes?

Thanks,
Justin

Did you land and disarm while still in autotune ?

Hi yes I did land and disarm in auto tune. I am thinking I may need to do some manual tuning.

Sorry, I wrote a wrong thing , in Arduplane you do not need to land and disarm that is for Arducopter, once Autotune is engaged it saves each 10 seconds new Pids.

Did you follow the Wiki ?

The key to a successful autotune is to input rapid roll or pitch movements with the transmitter sticks. You should only do one of either roll or pitch at a time, and you should move the stick rapidly to the maximum deflection.

Hi, thanks for that. However I did that as best I could and followed each step. That’s why I thought I must have missed something.

I also saw no changes after changing to autotune even after I did many many (100 ?) rapid stickmovements each for pitch and roll. After gradually reduce value of “L1 Control - Turn Control” from standard 20 to 14 now it looks like the plane is reacting a bit faster.
But to answer your question. After enabling autotune I was able to see later in the “Basic Tuning” section of mission planner that the tuning did SOMETHING with the P, I , D values of pitch and roll.

Here is my actual settings but still there is much romm for improvements here. Just to give you a help where to look at.

I guess this “period” values is much to high for a small agile aircraft like mine (Muliplex FunCup 1400mm / 1300g). If you also have a small plane (which you didn´t mention) this could be away for you too…

I’m not so sure that mission planner will live update the parameter list during the autotune. If you followed the wiki and then refreshed parameters, you should see the updated values.

I said I saw it “later” in the mission planner at home. No live update.