I have been upgrading some of my rigs from the crappy Dji A2 to the PixHack and Pixhawk FC.
I have has an unfortunate crash during an Auto tune. This is a large H8 T-Motor U7 400kv 15x5 blades, 2x 16,000 6 cell. BeSteady gimbal.
I have test flew the rig a few times with the default PIDs and it flew relatively well on the defaults.
It was time to run an Auto tune which I have done several times on other rigs.
First part I had the Autotune bitmask set to 1 for the roll. This went very well and gave me very sound results.
Set Autotune bitmask to 2 for the Pitch. All was looking good until about 29 minutes in when all of a sudden the rear motors sounded like they revved up high. The rig flipped over the pitch quite spectacularly about 7 times until it smashed into the ground. Roll held in solid.
All took place too fast for me to react and jump out of autotune.
I have looked over the flight log several times and can see the point, just after 29 mins when this happened but I can’t see anything standing out to which could have caused this.
I have several rigs with the same setup ready for tuning but now I’m too afraid to fly them until I find a cause of this crash.
This is the first time any of my Arducopter rigs have failed on me and I have many of them.
Would some kind person be willing to look over the log and see it they can find anything odd in there. I’m still in the process of learning the system.