AutoTune and QuickTune fail

Hi all, I’m trying to get my S500 frame with a Pixhawk Cube Orange flight controller and HereLink controller through the AutoTune sequence. I get a couple of recurring messages:

“AUTOTUNE: ROLL RATE D UP 0%”
repeated every couple of seconds, followed by
“AUTOTUNE: FAILING TO LEVEL, PLEASE TUNE MANUALLY”

After a few seconds, it starts twitching, stops, and continues the same thing with the same error.

So I followed to use QuickTune but no use

Any ideas on how to get AutoTune to run? I’d prefer that over manual tuning.

here is the parameters list attached

Generally means you have too much noise (or wind) - make sure your notch filters are set up correctly.

1 Like

And you should do a quick tune before the autotune, not the other way around.

Thank you @andyp1per for your response, can you please guide me in setting up the notch filters

Thank you @amilcarlucas, I tried quick tune but this is also failing.
Before it used to activate and display “Tuning” and after a few seconds it displays “Tuning saved” but no changes in PIDs
Now QuickTune is not even activating

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-imu-notch-filtering.html

Thank you soo much @andyp1per, I will refer, try this and update you soon

Hello @andyp1per and @amilcarlucas, Today I had a test flight with the below configurations
FFT_ENABLE = 1
INS_HNTCH_ENABLE and INS_HNTC2_ENABLE = 1
INS_HNTCH_MODE and INS_HNTC2_MODE = 4
INS_HNTCH_REF and INS_HNTC2_REF = 1
INS_HNTCH_FREQ and INS_HNTC2_FREQ = 80
FFT_MINHZ = 50
MOT_HOVER_LEARN = 2
INS_LOG_BAT_MASK = 1
INS_HNTCH_HMNCS and INS_HNTC2_HMNCS= 3
INS_LOG_BAT_OPT = 4
INS_HNTCH_BW and INS_HNTC2_BW = 40
MOT_THST_HOVER = 0.4184814
PSC_ACCZ_I = 2 x MOT_THST_HOVER = 0.8369628
PSC_ACCZ_P = MOT_THST_HOVER = 0.4184814

Drone was flying in Stabilize mode and afer few seconds it got crashed.

log file is given below:

Please do log analyse, state the problems and suggest the solutions.

Thank you for your patience.

Sorry I will not invest time analyzing your log, you did not invest time to learn and use the ArduPilot Methodic Configurator.

Hello @amilcarlucas, I am working on both Autotune and battery monitoring at the same time… and I am also studying Ardupilot Methodic Configurator.

Please don’t feel bad I am also referring to that but it is delayed because I can use the drone at some particular time only and it will be in my office and not allowed to take home…

Moreover, there are n number of errors so I am solving errors one by one… So the Methodic configurator task has been slightly delayed…

Kindly invest your precious time in analyzing the log file. it’s my sincere request from me and my team.

There is no point in enabled two FFT notches - turn the second one off

Hello @andyp1per, should I disable INS_HINCH or INS_HINC2… and would you please help me in analyzing the log file given and say what went wrong and provide solution