Autotakeoff question

I have asked this before for 2.76.

Here: http://ardupilot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=5485

For me sometimes my motor spins up if i point the nose to the wind.
aceleration is set to 15m/s/s

But it seams that it is skipped somehow.

It is a serious problem for me, as i am building a plane that has a huge motor, and it can accidently cut me.
Also can kill its airscrew while on the ground.

Please help me overcome this.

I have attached one of my older param files.
On auto takeoff i still use the same settings.

Thx,
Gábor

[quote=“gabek”]For me sometimes my motor spins up if i point the nose to the wind.
[/quote]
I’d really like to see a dataflash log and tlog of that problem with current firmware. Perhaps you can reproduce it with the propeller off and get some logs?
Thanks!
Cheers, Tridge

[quote=“tridge”][quote=“gabek”]For me sometimes my motor spins up if i point the nose to the wind.
[/quote]
I’d really like to see a dataflash log and tlog of that problem with current firmware. Perhaps you can reproduce it with the propeller off and get some logs?
Thanks!
Cheers, Tridge[/quote]

Thank you Andrew,
I will try. :slight_smile:

I have noticed the difference, when i flew in fog, so disabled AS sensing, as i was afraid that it will gum up.
This way motor never starts unexpectedly.

But if airspeed use is enabled than motor can start even when plane is sitting still on the ground.
Happened many times with me.

Ok so i need to collect logs for you.
I will.
Hoping to fly this weekend.

Thx,
Gábor

Sorry,

I did not have a chance to fly.

But i have a theory.

Make it 2.

1./

When i lift it up from the ground it could be grather than 15 m/s/s

2./

The way my switch works.

AUTO is after RTL.
Could it be that, while i switch, it switches to RTL, then senses wind on the AS sensor, then when it receives AUTO mode switch position, it already decided that the plane is flying?

Gábor

exactly why i dont use the auto takeoff stuff… instead i run a mixer on my elevator that i activate with a switch in FBW-A, this holds down elevator to give me the angle of ascent in the config. I then power up and throw the plane works awesome.