Autopilot for speed car

Hi

I was looking for an autopilot system that will control a model speed car through a series of waypoints all in a dead straight line for possible 3-5 miles. The car will be going very fast.

The system has to control the cars acceleration and then apply the chute/brakes at a given waypoint or if the car goes out of control.

I was looking at the Ardurover for this application. What do you think?

Cheers

@ziggy12345,
Yes, the APM is capable of navigating your vehicle in the manner you have requested. However, the code would need to be modified to brake the vehicle and deploy a retro chute if either the car was commanded to do so or had gone out of control.
Regards,
TCIII Developer

Would that be something I could do myself or would the developer need to do that?

I would expect I could get the car to deploy the chute and put on the brakes at a given point

@ziggy12345,
Modification of the code by you would depend on how familiar you are with the Arduino code structure and expertise as a programmer.
Right now our code developer is only available part time and he presently has a lot on his plate in relation to maintaining the present code.
You can join the arupilot issues page and leave a request for the functionality that you would like added to the code: https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/issues?state=open
Regards,
TCIII Developer