Autolanding tracking question

From how I understand the instruction for Autolanding the last waypoint set for autolanding is the prefered touchdown waypoint. And after this the airplane shut off motor and Level the wings and continue in a random direction without any navigation inputs.

For my Electric airplane (Bixler) I prefer to have the motor shutoff before the landing, and because of obstacles I can not have a flat and low approach. I often end up passing the land waypoint in 1-2 meters height.

The problem is if the plane overshoots it has no New navigation information after “Landing waypoint” and only Leveling the wing lets the sidewind take the plane in a “random direction”.

Is it possible to setup several “Landing waypoints” to keep the tracking? I have only followed the wiki With one "Landing waypont"and not tried if this is possible With several. Anyone have advice on autolanding?

When Autolanding I have presaved landing patterns from North or from South. And Append this to the end of my mission depending on the most ideal Wind direction for the day.

I’ve added some information on navigation after the flare here:
plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/flying/ … _the_flare

Thank you for Your Answer Tridge.
I have watched Your videos on youtube of Your autolandings. Impressive!

I did see the part “After the flare” now. Does this mean the plane will navigate or just Lock the heading? In the first part of instruction it tells the plane will only Lock heading and not track a path. I have done many autolandings. And I always get unpredictable results. This is With earlier firmware, but from the update pages there is no changes to this part in the New Versions.

Tridge.
From the instruction for autolanding, and from practical testing, I believe the airplane only “Lock actual heading” after passing the “Land waypoint”?
Can you please explain more about this?

I did not know about the Levelling max angle parameter before now. So It may also be me not understanding the principle for autolanding settings! I will check this parameter in my settings!

But if the code do not navigate, only Lock actual heading I will have this suggestion for improvement:

• One “Land Waypoint”. Keep it the way it is.
  • Double “Land Waypoint”. Same as one, but With continued Navigation/tracking towards the second “Land Waypoint” like between all other waypoints, Limited by the Leveling angle parametre. And if passing the second waypoint for some reason (which should not happend if far enough distance between) continue the mission With loiter or a “do jump” to a New landing approach for a second try.

[quote=“funjet”]Tridge.
From the instruction for autolanding, and from practical testing, I believe the airplane only “Lock actual heading” after passing the “Land waypoint”?
Can you please explain more about this?

I did not know about the Levelling max angle parameter before now. So It may also be me not understanding the principle for autolanding settings! I will check this parameter in my settings!

But if the code do not navigate, only Lock actual heading I will have this suggestion for improvement:

• One “Land Waypoint”. Keep it the way it is.
  • Double “Land Waypoint”. Same as one, but With continued Navigation/tracking towards the second “Land Waypoint” like between all other waypoints, Limited by the Leveling angle parametre. And if passing the second waypoint for some reason (which should not happend if far enough distance between) continue the mission With loiter or a “do jump” to a New landing approach for a second try.[/quote]

Funjet,
I really like your idea for the option of using 2 Land points to define the runway heading, and signify an automatic go-around point. The question is whether the AP can identify whether it has landed fast enough to execute the GA.
Please post this idea as a github issue so it will be seriously considered and tracked.