Auto takeoff with nitro engine

Hi everyone!
I’m flying a nitro engine heli. My run-up timer was set to 45 seconds.
I’m planning an auto flight with auto takeoff. When I flew in auto mode before, I would take off in poshold mode and then switch to auto mode.
What I’m worried about is the sudden increase in rpm after the runup timer is completed. Because in my previous flights, the rpm value could reach only 700 rpm even though the runup timer was completed. And My rpm value in hover is approximately 1400 rpm. So I take off by slowly increasing the throttle stick. During Auto take off, will the throttle servo open too quickly before the rpm increases? could this cause a problem?
What is the best way for auto take-off? Please share your thoughts with me.
Thank you so much!

Hi @beyza_ucar ,

This is not safe. Are you using governor or throttle curve mode? Can you post your current parametrization.
Normally rpm should be within 5% of setpoint rpm after completing runup .

So far I have only flown with of 30-40-50-70-90 throttle curve. However, I am planning to change this curve to 46-48-52-70-90. Will the new throttle curve be better? I am not experienced with throttle curves. I would really appreciate it if you could help me.

Also, I want to fly with a governor in the future, but my throttle curve needs to be well-adjusted before flying with the governor.

Here is my params:
29.06.2024(c).param (19.7 KB)

Hi @beyza_ucar ,
I think you need to go through the tuning process before thinking of switching to any non manual mode. Looks like all of your parameters are at default on the attitude control side.
I guess you have read the wiki about how to do this.
You can increase the lower points of the throttle curve- aim at reaching 1350 rpm with collective bottom down.

1 Like