AUTO mode questions

Originally posted on DIYdrones

A couple of questions on AUTO mode:

[quote]

1. I thought it used to work such that if you set CRUISE SPEED to zero, you had manual throttle control. Doesn’t seem to happen any more.[/quote]

APMrover2.pde: 411 - refers to throttle nudge between “throttle_max” and “throttle_cruise”
This looks like it’s calculated for AUTO mode in radio.pde: 64

throttle_nudge = (g.throttle_max - g.throttle_cruise) * ((fabsf(channel_throttle->norm_input())-0.5) / 0.5);

This means throttle is nudged by up to half of the difference between cruise and max throttle %?

APMrover2.pde: 877 - STEERING mode nudging

float target_speed = channel_throttle->pwm_to_angle() * 0.01 * 2 * g.speed_cruise;

Assuming channel_throttle has range to 100, but it’s not clear if that’s +/-100 or 0-100 (which I can’t confirm radio.pde:14), this gives us “cruise” at stick centre and 2 x cruise speed at full stick. Is that right?

I read somewhere (can’t remember where) that HOLD should use RC3_TRIM, but IF throttle is a “range”, then it doesn’t use the trim, and the code below will always send it to RC3_MIN?

APMrover2.pde: line 904

channel_throttle->servo_out = 0;
  1. What’s the effect of BAD_COMPASS_HEALTH when in AUTO mode?

Hi mroberts,

sorry for the late reply.
Just wanted to report that throttle nudge works when giving full throttle command while running in auto.

Regards
Linus