Auto mode failing when disconnecting GCS

Hi,

I’m running Rover 2.50 with skid steering on Pixhawk. My issue is that auto is running fine until I disconnect/lose contact from my GCS (Mission Planner 1.3.31). I’m not sure what happens since my telemetry will not log when disconnected. I guess I’ll have to download logs from the Pixhawk to find out what’s really going on, but I’d just thought if anyone have seen the same issue?

First thought is some kind of Fail Safe, but I’ve disabled all FailSafe parameters. When powering off my Tx, the rover just continue its mission as expected, but as soon as reception goes bad or I disconnect GCS, the rover will just drive away in some direction.

I guess my question is: Does Rover 2.50 support Auto without connection to the GCS?

Best Regards,
Andreas

@Trappify,
Very strange that it does not continue the Mission when telemetry is lost.
During the T3 competition my rover lost contact with my MP GCS and it continued and finished the mission without getting lost.
I am running ArduRover2 v2.50 firmware.
Regards,
TCIII AVD

That gives me some hope it should work at least :slight_smile:

I guess I’ll have to download some logs from the Pixhawk and see what I can find.

If you have any advice on where and what to look for, I’d be very happy!

Thank you TCIII AVD!

//Andreas

@Trappify,
I have alerted Grant Morphett, our software developer, to your issue so you should be hearing from him eventually.
Regards,
TCIII AVD

@TCIII AVD I’ve spent the whole day today trying to recreate the issue, to no avail. Which is good, of course! But I haven’t really figured out what or if I change anything. Since yesterday. The only thing I know for sure is that I set the log mask to Default from nothing (at least it didn’t show anything in MP GCS). If that could have made the difference or if I’ve just wasted your time, I don’t know.

Anyhow. I’ll bump this thread if I hit the issue again.

Thank you for your help!

//Andreas

@Trappify
I have found that in some instances achieving correct operation can be accomplished by saving your current full parameter file, then set all the parameters to default, then reload your current full parameter file.
Regards,
TCIII AVD

I’m going to make this as solved so I stop opening it. If you get the problem again start a new discussion and just provide a link to this one.

Thanks, Grant.