Auto Mission - Climb after last WP => RTL

Hi

I noticed a behaviour I can’t explain. After finishing Auto Mission, the copter climbs a few meters and fly on this altitude back home. RTL_ALT is set to 500. Why does the copter climbs from 10 to 15 meters? I have this behaviour on all of my copter with 4.0.3.

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael, RTL_ALT is cm value

Yeah, I know, but the flight altitude is 1000cm (10meter)… but I probably find the reason. MOT_THST_HOVER is only 0.24… It seems that the flight controller can’t reduce as much as needed…

I doubt it climbs because MTH is 0,24. If that was the reason than it couldn’t even land.

There is no issue with landing… Maybe the error is elsewhere…

Your rtl alt is set at 300 cm, so it should have stayed at 10 meters during rtl and land. It looks like it climbed to 15 meters, wich is default for rtl alt. Maybe a little bug.

I first also thought that arducopter climbs to the default 15 meters. But if the drone fly on 5 meter, it overshoots to 10 meters, then fly home on 8meters…

I posted this bug on Github, but it seems that nobody is really interested on this…

Last week I had a flight where the drone fall from 10 to 5 meters… This is not s small error in altitude…

I can’t believe that I’m the only person who has this issue…

Any help is really appreciated