Auto Analysis report on Optical Flow FLOW_FXSCALER and FLOW_FYSCALER params

I discovered that the dataflash log Auto Analysis report includes a report on Optical Flow parameters: FLOW_FXSCALER and FLOW_FYSCALER.

The report also says it saves these parameters in a “params” file, and saves charts for these in a PDF file. I couldn’t locate these files.

I’ve been through the optical flow calibration process per the docs - and it’s a nuisance. If the values reported in the Auto Analysis report are reliable, that would be a really wonderful thing.

When I ran Auto Analysis on some of my calibration BIN files, some failed to report good Optical Flow data - particularly the calibration BIN files for the “x” axis tests.

I performed a new calibration BIN file by doing both X and Y axis calibrations. Below is the text from the Auto Analysis report, a screen shot, and the BIN file.

Any suggestions about using the FLOW_FYSCALER and FLOW_FXSCALER values reported?

Also - the Auto Analysis report also reports “1STD” for the two scaler params. I’m wondering if that’s a standard deviation report for the data of some sort.

Thank you for your input!

AUTO ANALYSIS TEXT SPECIFIC TO OPTICAL FLOW:

Test: OpticalFlow = GOOD - Set FLOW_FXSCALER to -55
Set FLOW_FYSCALER to 94

Cal plots saved to flow_calibration.pdf
Cal parameters saved to flow_calibration.param

FLOW_FXSCALER 1STD = 3
FLOW_FYSCALER 1STD = 23

auto analysis optical flow

Auto Analysis is obsolete and of little value. For example some of those parameters in failing on haven’t existed in years.

Dave -

Totally un-helpful.

True - lots of things like motor imbalance are gone from Auto Analysis. But the MAG offset is still there - and accurate.

The point is, if the function is rubbish - why does it still exist?

As long as it does - it’s totally valid to inquire about what it reports - and expect the reported data to be accurate.

A good question for the Ground Control>Mission Planner thread.

Dave -

Helpful - I changed the category to Mission Planner.

Thanks you.