Auto Analysis Question

Hello,

I just have a quick question regarding the Auto Analysis feature of Mission Planner. Does the Auto Analyzer scan the entire log to find data points that are erroneous, or is it a checklist that is completed at startup, or is it something completely different. I’m just trying to figure out how to interpret the data given in the Auto Analysis. Thanks in advance!

[quote=“JKoontz”]Hello,

I just have a quick question regarding the Auto Analysis feature of Mission Planner. Does the Auto Analyzer scan the entire log to find data points that are erroneous, or is it a checklist that is completed at startup, or is it something completely different. I’m just trying to figure out how to interpret the data given in the Auto Analysis. Thanks in advance![/quote]

The log analyzer scans an entire log for problems. It doesn’t have a lot of checks yet. The simplest example I could find is the one that scans for out-of-range Vcc values:
github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/ … TestVCC.py

The tests can be pretty complex. Here’s one that I added recently. It tests for vibration by comparing the two accelerometers that are present on Pixhawk:
github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/ … MUMatch.py

[quote=“jschall”]

The log analyzer scans an entire log for problems. It doesn’t have a lot of checks yet. The simplest example I could find is the one that scans for out-of-range Vcc values:
github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/ … TestVCC.py

The tests can be pretty complex. Here’s one that I added recently. It tests for vibration by comparing the two accelerometers that are present on Pixhawk:
github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/ … MUMatch.py[/quote]

I see. Thank you very much. I will have to try out the other log analysis scripts. Additionally, most of my analyses give a warning or failure for change in magnetic field. I’ve had this error on both unsuccessful and successful flights. The compass seems very temperamental. Is this an error that occurs frequently, or is it something I should be concerned with? Thanks!

Post a log. Make sure the log includes some amount of rotation and throttle changes