ASV with ZED-F9P with Cube Black, no GPS config data UART

Hello!

For a school project about creating a ASV, I am having trouble getting a connection between a Cube Black and the GPS via UART. The GPS I am using is a ZED - F9P from Spark fun, I have looked at countless forums post and YouTube videos and cannot seem to understand why it does not work.

The GPS is connected to the GPS 1 port on the Cube, and the wires are set to RX-TX and vice versa

With U-center I have set up the GPS so that it should be good, the configuration is set as below.

The parameters set on the Cube via Mission planner are the following:

Serial1_Protocol = 2

Serial1_baud = 38

Serial3_Protocol = 5

Serial3_baud = 115

Serial4_Protocol = 5

Serial4_baud = 115

GPS_Type = 17

GPS_Type2 = 18

GPS_AUTO_SWITCH = 1

GPS_AUTO_CONFIG = 1

From what I have been able to find on forums and other posts this should be it. But when I try a connect it all, I get the message “EKF3 waiting for GPS config data”. Does that mean it acknowledges that the GPS is there, but it is not receiving the correct data?

I simple can’t understand what I am doing wrong, is it because I need to upload a preexisting configuration file to the GPS via U-center?

The plan for the ASV is to have two of these GPS boards and use them for RTK GPS Heading.

Please ask if I missed to notice or post something!

Thank you in advance.

“No GPS” means nothing is detected. Check your wiring. Most common mistake is to mix up the TX/RX wiring. Most of the time, the pin labeled TX on the GPS module must be connected to the RX pin of the autopilot, and vice versa.

ArduSimple has a backwards convention with their silkscreening, but the “Pixhawk” connector is pinned 1:1 correctly for use with most autopilots.

1 Like

Also literally nothing you’ve done in u-Center is correct. Revert your boards to default, save, and quit mucking about in there. ArduPilot will take care of any config for you.

1 Like