ASPD-4525 and Matek H743 V3, could someone tell me what the correct settings are?

ASPD-4525 and Matek H743 V3, could someone tell me what the correct settings are?

I’ve tried to get it work all day, but still no luck.

This is the configuration I use with a Mateksys F765-WING

ARSPD_AUTOCAL,0
ARSPD_BUS,0
ARSPD_DEVID,141313
ARSPD_FBW_MAX,35
ARSPD_FBW_MIN,10
ARSPD_OFFSET,177.2256
ARSPD_OPTIONS,3
ARSPD_PIN,10
ARSPD_PRIMARY,0
ARSPD_PSI_RANGE,1
ARSPD_RATIO,1.573464
ARSPD_SKIP_CAL,0
ARSPD_TUBE_ORDER,0
ARSPD_TYPE,1
ARSPD_USE,1
ARSPD_WIND_GATE,5
ARSPD_WIND_MAX,0
ARSPD_WIND_WARN,0
ARSPD2_TYPE,0

It seems obvious but remember that in addition to the configuration you have to verify the wiring (connectors, cables…), use I2C (SCL & SDA) and power at 5V.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!! I managed to get it working!

I also bought a ASPD-4525 because I thought it is supported by ardupilot.
@Lano where did you get the parameters from? How accurately does this sensor work?

The parameters are the Ardupilot configuration parameters; their values are freely selectable (e.g. ARSPD_FBW_MAX), others are detected by the system (e.g. ARSPD_DEVID), others are the result of calibration (e.g. ARSPD_RATIO) and others are characteristic of the hardware (e.g. ARSPD_TYPE).

The signal obtained by a Pitot is by its nature noisy, however Ardupilot handles this noise well. The Mateksys ASPD-4525DO is a low cost digital airspeed sensor and compared to others of higher quality its signal is noisier, but I repeat that Ardupilot handles it well.

Regarding accuracy I have never tested it thoroughly, but I understand that it has enough to be reliable (once calibrated and obtained the ARSPD_RATIO).

1 Like

Thanks you but maybe my question about the parameters was not precise enough.

How could you get the values for ARSPD_OFFSET, ARSPD_RATIO and ARSPD_WIND_GATE? I mean, when these values are detected by the system as you wrote, how does the system get these values? Is it done automatically during flight?

I could not find any information how to get/calculate/measure these parameters.
Here is not much information about that: Complete Parameter List — Plane documentation

Pitot Tube Considerations — Plane documentation (ardupilot.org)

Using an Airspeed Sensor — Plane documentation (ardupilot.org)

Calibrating an Airspeed Sensor — Plane documentation (ardupilot.org)

1 Like

Hi I have a fimi manta and I am trying to add a digital airspeed sensor. It is powering up ok but I can not get a reading from it . I am still getting g a estimated airspeed . It has a f405 type board and a matek airspeed sensor. Can anyone help?