Asian accent relays voice commands on QGC on Skydroid controller

Hey guys,

I just got a batch of Skydroid H16 transmitter/receiver last month (Sept 2022) for my drones; each running the latest Android QGC version.

On using the app I noticed the voice commands were spoken with an Asian accent as opposed to the previously used English accent.

The Asian accent is a bit difficult to understand for the drone pilots and I haven’t found a way to change the voice setting after intensely going through all the options in the QGC settings and the Skydroid/Android controller settings.

If anyone has a resolution to the problem or has experienced it I would love any suggestion to get the setting back to the English accent setting.

Regards.

It’s likely an android setting, go into the voice to text settings and you can probably install a different vocalizer.

1 Like

Yes, this is OS related, it occurs the same with desktop versions. You have to be sure that your Android has installed the English Voice. Maybe simply changing your Android to English Language can solve it, if it wasn’t performed yet.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the help guys! I figured out the Android setting to change the accent.

In Settings > Language & input > Text-to-speech output > Preferred engine

Selecting the “Pico TTS” option under the “Preferred engine” setting sets the accent to the English one.

1 Like