Arming problem: Bad GPS pos

Hi,
Due to bad weather I was testing parachute test copter and deploy tube indoors and tried to spin propels for finding motor braking time and proper deploy delay.

Prearm didn’t go through because of bad GPS pos which is obvious because I was indoors.

I tried to disable ARMING_CHECK and GPS_glitch_protection but it didn’t help. After these changes Bad GPS pos just disappeared and APM didn’t arm.

Is there some other parameters possibly blocking Prearm?

I have Jdrones APM 2.5 and Jdrones Ublox GPS. Firmware was latest about a week ago. I’ve seen several times that my APM couldn’t get any GPS lock. Sometimes GPS lock takes a minute, sometimes ten minutes and sometimes blue keeps blinking over whole flight time. I’m not sure if we have poor satellite coverage here in northern Europe or what might cause GPS fix difficulties. Bad GPS lock attitude has been like this all the time I have used APM and Ublox and therefore I try to get in to air without GPS lock.

Hi Henri,
I think I answered you on the diy parachute thread so I won’t answer again here. Basically it looks like you’re attempting to arm in Position flight mode which requires a GPS. Try it in Stabilize and I think it’ll arm ok.

[quote=“rmackay9”]Hi Henri,
I think I answered you on the diy parachute thread so I won’t answer again here. Basically it looks like you’re attempting to arm in Position flight mode which requires a GPS. Try it in Stabilize and I think it’ll arm ok.[/quote]

Yes I did and got answer from you, thanks!

I monitored this forum during few days and didn’t see this my question although I had confirmation email. This forum just kept informing that requested thread does not exist. Therefore I wondered it was ignored but no, it eventually appeared to here also. It was some sort of delay somewhere.

Anyway problem is solved.

I’m getting the same problem… Admittedly, also indoors, BUT the GPS is showing a good 3D fix at the SAME TIME as showing bad GPS position.
[attachment=0]GPSError.png[/attachment]

Any idea? This is so strange… This is the first time I’ve tried to use an APM 2.6, but I had an old 2.0 and it just worked the first time!!
Thanks in advance!
-Steve

@172pilot,
You can get a 3D lock with just 4 -5 sats, but I believe that it takes 8 sats to arm and that value is a parameter that can be adjusted in the Full Parameter List.
Regards,
TCIII GM

OK… This is RE-solved… :slight_smile:

Thanks for your hint about having the quad in a flight mode requiring GPS… You mentioned putting it in Stabilize mode, which I did, BUT I had my default mode as STABILIZE with SuperSimple…

As soon as I turned off super simple, it armed with no problem…

Time to go flying… :slight_smile: Thanks, and hope this helps someone else!!
-Steve

I have the same issue. I put the quad out of the window where it can catch 9 sats (or so says status tab). Map also points stable correct place. Still, “bad GPS pos” and won’t arm. Grrr… It’s been ~500 Euro and 3 weeks, and the damn thing still didn’t fly once.
As hint, I started getting more satellites since I run firmware update on my GPS (Neo-6M). It was 6-7, now 9.

Same issue too :frowning:
I’m with MegapirateNG 3.1.5rc2 on Crius AIO PRO V2. In stabilize mode BUT with 3D GPS fix, I have a pre-arm check : bad GPS pos !!!
But if I disabled the GPS checking in the pre-arm, the Quad never arm.
(sure Acc et Compass are calibrated)