Arming ESC with PixHawk

Hello all!
Ok so here is the problem that I am having.
I’m trying to get my CC Mamba pro ESC to connect and play well with the Pixhawk. I can get the radio to calibrate in and watch the bars move in MP, however I can not get the ESC to calibrate to the Pixhawk in either Armed or Unarmed mode. The steering is working in the Armed mode so i know that the Pixhawk is getting/passing the correct signals to/from the receiver. I have tried messing around with the RC map under “full param tree” to no avail. To be honest this is about to drive me crazy!
Any help that you all could get me would be greatly welcomed!!!

@TheCount,
Are you using the R/C transmitter Throttle (joystick) channel or the Elevator (joystick) channel for the Pixhawk throttle output to the CC Mamba Pro ESC?
The ESC is expecting to see a pwm value of 1500us at startup and the Throttle channel will not provide that pwm value at startup.
Regards,
TCIII AVD

[quote=“TCIII”]@TheCount,
Are you using the R/C transmitter Throttle (joystick) channel or the Elevator (joystick) channel for the Pixhawk throttle output to the CC Mamba Pro ESC?
The ESC is expecting to see a pwm value of 1500us at startup and the Throttle channel will not provide that pwm value at startup.
Regards,
TCIII AVD[/quote]
Thanks for getting back!
I am using neither… I am using an 3ch radio with a ppm encoder. Right now the center “trim” is sitting at 1558pwm.
With the Pixhawk removed from the equation the ESC has no issues calibrating and arming.

@TheCount,
Firs t off, make sure that the Mamba Pro’s BEC is set to 5vdc as the Pixhawk does not like to have a BEC voltage above 5.5vdc on the servo output bus power rail.
I assume that you are in the Manual Mode when trying to calibrate the Mamba Pro so that the Pixhawk is passing the throttle channel output directly to the Mamba Pro?
What servo output channel do you have the Mamba Pro attached to?
Regards,
TCIII AVD

TC,
Thanks for the help! I did not have the mode in Manual but do now (it was in Auto).
With it in manual mode I am able to get the CC Mamba to see the forward side of the throttle but not reverse, so I am still not able to get the ESC to calibrate.
I have the ESC connected to channel 3, steering to channel 1
As for the voltage, I’m having to run it at 6.5v due to the servo (at least that is what I am thinking) that i have for the steering… for whatever reason the ESC and the Servo will not power up (take commands) unless the voltage is that high. But looking at the voltage handling abilities on the servo rail it looks like I should be good (according to the Wiki) (I am NOT using the servo rail as a back up power source), is there something that I am at risk of doing with the voltage that high? Am I reading the Wiki wrong?
Thanks again!

@TheCount,
The Pixhawk is expecting to see no more than 5.5vdc on the servo output power bus.
If the servo output power bus has power on it, the Pixhawk will always use it as a backup power source.
I eventually experienced intermittent Pixhawk operation when powering the servo output power bus with 6vdc from my Traxxas ESC BEC. I have bypassed the ESC BEC power around the servo output power bus and power the steering servo directly from the BEC.
I have an APM2.6 in a Traxxas E-Maxx that uses the CC Mamba Monster ESC and it calibrates correctly when the APM is in the Manual mode.
Regards,
TCIII AVD