Hello everyone! The ArduSub development team is proud to announce our third stable release with a number of new features and reliability improvements. This release is also important because it is the first time we are synchronously releasing ArduSub, the Companion WebUI, and a special Blue Robotics build of QGroundControl.
Here are a few highlights from the new features.
- Support for the Bar100 pressure sensor, enabling dives to 1000 meter depth
- Improved failsafes for better reliability
- Support for external positioning systems including the Water Linked Acoustic Positioning System
- Improved one-click update process for the WebUI
- Enable reset to factory defaults
- Companion computer monitoring
Companion WebUI is our companion computer configuration and update software, on it’s second official release.
- More ArduSub-specific instruments available in the side panel
- Custom logo at the top right for company branding
- Support for boat/ROV positioning on the map
- Improved video recording user interface
- Recorded video size limits
For more details, please read our forum post about the update!
The ArduSub-powered BlueROV2 in a recent dive to 340 meter depth off the coast of Santa Barbara.