ArduRover Reverse Mode

This is my first post so I apologize in advance if I don’t follow proper forum etiquette.

I’m using a PixHawk with a 3DR GPS to drive a skid steer controlled rover. When under radio pass through control, it only goes forward and turns - it can’t drive in reverse. Is there a setting that I can change to fix this? Also, is it possible to drive in reverse under autonomous control?

Thanks! :smiley:

@OSU_Autonomous_Mower,
It sounds like your motor ESCs have forward only.
All RC Car ESCs have both forward and reverse and a neutral at 1500us.
Maximum forward speed is at 2000us and maximum reverse speed is at 1000us.
When you calibrated your Throttle channel, did it go from ~1000 to ~2000 or does it have a middle position at 1500 with a low at ~1000 and a high of ~2000?
No there is no reverse available in the Autonomous Mode.
Regards,
TCIII AVD

@TCIII
It goes from ~1000 to ~2000 without a middle position. A friend was using this equipment with different transmitter settings a while back. He managed to trick the the transmitter settings by only pushing the stick forward, left, and right (no reverse) during calibration. Is there a better way to get reverse mode under manual control?

Thanks for all your help!

@OSU_Autonomous_Mower,
You really need an ESC that has a neutral at 1500 and max forward at 2000 and max reverse at 1000 if you want to do it right and not have any hassles.
Regards,
TCIII AVD