Ardurover calibration not working

Hey everybody! Like everyone at one point, I’m new to drone building of any kind and am going nuts over things that I really shouldn’t be having any trouble with, so any help would be greatly appreciated! I will include a gear list at the bottom!

I’m working on a catamaran boat with autopilot capabilities for a school project. I have the hulls, and everything assembled, and I thought I had a good understanding of to get this bad boy rolling - I was wrong.

I’m using a tx16s, a pixhawk 2.8.4, radiomaster rp3, matek PWM converter board, and a PPM encoder with mission planner(1.3.80, Ardurover 4.1) for my ground station. I also have a ready to sky GPS hooked up.

I plug the Pixhawk into my ground station and it connects just fine. I have the gps calibrated and it is working absolutely fine. The Rx is connected to the Converter board, which is connected along 8 channels to the PPM encoder, which is connected the RCIN on the pixhawk. The light on the receiver and encoder indicates everything is working fine.

When i go to the radio calibrate page in mission planner, I get the green bars, but they dont really move. when they do move, its only around 30 MS, all at once, when i push the throttle forward. No channels seem to work independently.

Let me know if you need any more information!

Thanks in advance!

RX - Amazon.com: RadioMaster RP3 ELRS FPV Receiver - 2.4ghz ExpressLRS Nano Receiver Drone RX Module with 65mm UFL T Antenna for FPV Drone Tiny Whoop Fixed-wing RC Plane by Speedybee : Toys & Games

TX (with ELRS) - Amazon.com: RadioMaster TX16S Mark II 2.4GHz 16 Channel EdgeTX Radio Transmitter Mode 2 (ELRS w/Hall Gimbals) : Electronics

converter board(crsf to pwm) Matek CRSF To PWM Converter CRSF-PWM-C (pyrodrone.com)

What do you need the converter board and PPM encoder for? Get rid of those and connect the Rx to a UART. There is a Wiki for that.
Crsf/elrs

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Have you made any progress?

Thanks dave! that cleared my problem right up. I’m not entirely sure what the issue with all that stuff was, but once i did what you said it calibrated happily!

1 Like