Arduplane parameters won't download after upgrade to 4.0.6

Hi, I have been flying fixed wing aircraft with the following config:

• Dropix v2.1 autopilot (fmuV2) running Arduplane 3.9.9
  • RFD868x modules for telemetry
  • MissionPlanner 1.3.68
    Everything worked fine until I upgraded to AP4.0.6 and MP1.3.74 few days ago … since then I am unable to download the parameters from the plane (the Getting params window just sits there forever):
    Upload of the mission etc. won’t work as well:
    The details window is here:

Strangely enough, all flight data are received by the MissionPlanner as expected. Here is the MAVlink Inspector output:

I have tried:

• AP->AC->AP cycle to reset all params to default
  • downgrading both the firmware and MP to the originally working versions
  • upgrading and downgrading the RFD868 firmware
  • enabling/disabling hardware flow control both at the autopilot and RFD868 side
  • changing Airspeed, Enabling/Disabling ECC, number of channels etc…
  • changing SR*_* parameters to both low and high values
  • changing serial protocol to Mavlink 2 and back to Mavlink 1

…with no effect. However, if I connect to the autopilot via USB, everything works flawlessly. What is more puzzling to me, the same is true when I use my old 3DR 433Mhz telemetry kit connected to the very same port as the problematic RFD868x.

In a nutshell, I believe that the upgrade to 4.0.6 must have made some persistent changes that prevent the 868x to communicate correctly, even if I revert to the previously working config.

If anyone has an idea what might be the problem here, I would really grateful, this has been driving me crazy for several days now.

Thank you very much,
Petr.

A few more desperate hours with this problem:

• even more AP (down to 3.8.2) and MP (1.3.40) downgrades
  • tried both the fmuv2 and pixhawk 1 FW flavours
  • reinstalled drivers
  • tried with QGC
  • tested separate power supply for the RFD868x (5.35V 4-cell NiMH battery)
  • examined the power supply voltage with oscilloscope (pretty scary BTW - 600mV pk-pk ripple both with the battery and flight computer power supply)
  • tested switching the radiomodem between Serial 1 and Serial 2 ports
  • completely replaced all antennas (although this makes no sense, while the flight data are transferred OK and the RSSI values are OK as well)
  • tested a RFD868+ pair of modems (SiK 1.9 - format 26)
    –works on 3.8.2
    –does not work on 4.0.6 fmuv2, pixhawk1, legacy pixhawk upload
    –does not work on 3.9.11 fmuv2

Old 433Mhz 3DR telemetry set (SiK 1.9 - format 25) works on all FW versions and under all circumstances.
I think I have just given up on this issue… My theory is that with the increasing telemetry format number (correlating to the increasing SiK FW version) the telemetry somehow stops to be compatible to the AP running on the Dropix.
I will try to point the RFDesign guys towards this issue, however I believe it is somewhere between the telemetry, AP FW and the flight computer combination…