Arduplane - difference in aileron output between FBWA & takeoff

Good evening, I’ve noticed since reflashing the latest firmware that takeoff mode outputs far less control surface throw than FBWA mode.

This lead to a few crashes for me recently, I just assumed it as a speed governed output but doesn’t seem to be the case.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thank you

Reducing the TKOFF_LVL_ALT to 0 seems to ensure the throws match FBWA mode. Although I’m not sure this is the correct method I’ll give it a shot tomorrow and see what happens

This seems to have fixed my issue with takeoff mode not proving enough servo output, as such I was able to successfully launch consistently!

For clarity the model is a Nano Talon w/ F765 wing flight controller, hand launched.

I’m still not entirely sure I’ve modified the right or intended param for my problem. The docs for TKOFF_LVL_ALT state “This is the altitude below which wings are held level for TAKEOFF mode”.

To me that would imply ardupilot would be outputting higher servo throws to account for lower speed and to maintain level wings, but I’m sure my interpretation is wrong here.

Maybe this guide will help you: https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/stall-prevention.html

I have a problem with the different operation of the elevons

, but the manual helped to understand the reason for this work.

1 Like

@egunak95 thanks for the link, I will take a look

Can you share a dataflash log of this happening?

@TunaLobster I’ve uploaded the file via google drive here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dfrjSQQgDvxKRhhB-8EqyEEGTgcOtDN2/view?usp=sharing

Hello,

If I understood you correctly you want to increase takeoff throws ? Correct
Set take off alt level 40m at least. Auto take off and fbwa modes works independently, means ones you select auto takeoff mode it will follow take off degree settings, pitch is 15 degree by default. Increase to 25 if you want higher pitch during take off. I use 20 degree and my plane weight 2.3kg 2m wing span.