Arduplane attempting to use motor while soaring/gliding

Hey, I’m trying to soar with arduplane on an aircraft with no motor (glider).

I’ve set SOAR_ALT_MIN to 0, and soar vertical speed to 10 m/s. soar max alt to something ridiculous. I’ve also set TECS up properly. I’ve basically configured my aircraft as specified by the Soar arduplane page.

The problem is checking the logs the desired pitch is always at 15 degrees, and from what I see the aircraft isn’t trying to maintain an airspeed of 12 m/s. What could be the cause of this?

My theory is i’m testing by throwing my aircraft off the top of a parking garage, so relatively i immediately drop below 0 altitude. Could this be the reason, or is there some other parameter I should check? How else could I test by throwing this off a parking garage?

1 Like

Hi ohitstarik

Dropping below SOAR_ALT_MIN will indeed result in trying to run the motor. You could set SOAR_ALT_MIN to a negative value. Mission Planner will warn you that this is out of range but it should work.

Sam

1 Like

Awesome, I use Qgroundcontrol for convenience and that wasn’t letting me use a negative number. I’ll go ahead and give this a shot on MP and firsbee it off again. thank you!