I did some tests yesterday night with ArduPlane 4.1.3 running in SITL and QGC.
The last official QGC 4.1.4 was able to upload and download of rally points, fences did not work, I then compiled the branch “master” ( a6da4e5802905fc408ab0b3a92bf15e12d14a1b7 from 16.11.2021) where a new version of the mavlink subsystem is included. Then:
- Up and download of rally points worked, and they are used by the ardupilot.
- Up and download of a circular geofence worked. To tell the autopilot to use that fence you have to set the parameters starting with “FENCE_” in the Parameters page of QGC. Finally ArduPlane used that fence on breaching it, and returned to the rally point, but not to the dedicated “B” breach return point. (The return point assigned to the fence)
What did not work:
3. Safety Page: It is still disabled. I can somehow understand that because the FENCE parameters a bit complex designed on ardupilot side.
4. Using of breach return point for circular fences. Neither it worked in Mission Planner 1.3.75, or it was my fault, and needs special set up. The vehicle always returned to the Rally point.
5. As described by @twobit above, the height profile in the Terrain View, looks wrong in the part of VTOL take off . But ardupilot SITL flew it correctly (I have checked only the take off).
Finally my hint: It seems to be a good idea to first test in in the SITL simulator before flying in the field.