Arduplane 2.78b does not activate RTL if in LOITER

I just noticed a weird thing on my Arduplane v2.78b while setting up failsafe with my new exUHF diversity receiver. Since the lowest output I can manage to achieve with the exUHF receiver is ~1000uS I had to reconfigure all my values and test failsafe.

Thinking I had everything configured correct - every active flight mode switches to CIRCLE/RTL if I turn off the TX except if the plane is currently in LOITER.

In my config both, the throttle failsafe and flightmode channel should activate RTL but if the current flightmode is LOITER the APM stays in LOITER forever?

I attached a little video showing the effect I get with MissonPlanner

http://youtu.be/yTlydDgpReY

[quote=“AirDet”]In my config both, the throttle failsafe and flightmode channel should activate RTL but if the current flightmode is LOITER the APM stays in LOITER forever?
[/quote]
It should switch to CIRCLE mode for FS_LONG_TIMEOUT seconds, then switch to RTL. If you want it to go to RTL more quickly then set FS_LONG_TIMEOUT to a smaller value (the default is 20 seconds).
If it doesn’t do that, then can you post a tlog? A video doesn’t allow for analysis of why something is happening.
Cheers, Tridge

That’s what I thought but it stays in LOITER all the time - no CIRCLE and no RTL for multiple minutes. It only does that when I activate throttle failsafe if the current flight mode is LOITER, all other flight modes go immediately into CIRCLE and then after the delay to RTL. That’s why I believe my general configuration is fine.

On top if in LOITER it ignores also the flight mode channel. So it must see the throttle failsafe and ignore that for the flight mode channel. My RX failsafe is programmed to output RTL on the flight mode channel and output the low throttle value for throttle failsafe.

I will post a TLOG a little later.

Hello Tridge,

Here comes the tlog - bench tested. GPS was a little weak but first a failsafe while in LOITER with no CIRCLE and no RTL action, followed by a failsafe while in STABILIZE with correct CIRCLE and RTL action. Last another failsafe out of LOITER but the GPS fix dropped out for a moment still no CIRCLE action.

THR_FS_VALUE = 1005
FS_LONG_ACTN = 0
FS_LONG_TIMEOUT = 20
FS_SHORT_ACTN = 0
FS_SHORT_TIMEOUT = 1.5

My RX outputs as low throttle for failsafe 1000uS.

take care, Det