From the HUD, the number of satalites and HDOP is displayed. Based on me readings 7 SATS and HDOP less than 1 is good enough and will give you an accuracy of around 2 meter. But having those readings does not mean that you already have a GPS Lock. Is there a way to display a reading when the copter has already got a GPS Lock or its still waiting for a GPS Lock.
I found the following checks in the WIKI:
- Radio calibration has been done.
- Accelerometer calibration has been done.
- Whole bunch of Compass checks to make sure that the compass is healthy. It also checks that the offsets are not too large (Should be in the range of -50 to -150). What parameter stores the compass offset?
- Checks that compass calibration is done. Or you turn compass learning on (Not recommended). Why is it that compass learning is not recommended?
- Checks that the magnetic field is the appropriate size (APM2 should be about 330 and APM1 should be about 530).
- Checks that the barometer is healthy. What parameter tells that the BARO is healthy
- If GEO Fence is enables, checks that the is has a GPS locked. My original question.
- Checks that the board voltage is between 4.5 to 5.8V
Can I also get some answers on the questions in BOLD letters