Hi All, If you’re looking for a job as a drone pilot in Australia, AirGeoX are hiring. We only fly ardupilot based aircraft. You can be new to the industry or experienced, we would like to chat if you have ardupilot experience. We work all over the country, so there are no restrictions on location. Please see a job description below and email our Cheif Pilot, david dot alam at airgeox dot com.
Airborne Geo Exploration - AirGeoX
Perth, Darwin, Brisbane
See Australia with work that pays you to travel
AirGeoX – Airborne Geo Exploration, is a growing, highly innovative UAV Airborne Geophysical Survey an associated services company to the Australian exploration industry. Accurate Airborne survey assists exploration and mining companies locate desired minerals or similar items of interest via non-destructive methods. UAV Airborne survey saves time and is safer than other forms of manned aviation.
These are exciting times in the exploration industry with growing demand for raw materials including Gold, Copper & Lithium. Demand for quality specialist UAV Airborne Magnetic and associated survey services is high. We have several survey projects in the pipeline across Australia and immediate staff requirements on existing projects!
We are searching for passionate aviation professionals with an innovative spirit, curious nature, loves travelling, exploring the outdoors and who can fly our fleet of cutting-edge UAV’s on survey missions across the country. We are looking for staff who are at, or near the beginning of their remote aviation career, to work alongside our highly trained and professional Team Leaders. Your career path will expand into our next Team Leaders for future remote service operations.
We will provide in-house training/mentoring and you will be enrolled in or able to start a formal remote aviation certification course to augment your experience. Training subsidy’s may apply in your location to relevant courses.
AirGeoX site operations typically run as two person teams typically in remote locations, some located near towns with accommodation and others requiring remote camp operations. The ability to work as a team, always adopting aviation standard open and honest communication, is crucial.
- Assist with Airborne survey operating AirGeoX equipment which includes unmanned aerial vehicles, portable ground stations, RTK GPS, laser scanners, magnetometers, photogrammetry cameras and other specialist equipment.
- Assist in maintaining UAV’s according to company maintenance cycles.
- Assist with on-site tasks including review of Flight Authorisation Forms, Job safety Assessments, conducting on-site reconnaissance and flight planning.
- Learn to plan and conduct Auto missions through Mission Planner / Q Ground Control.
- Operate all UAV missions under AirGeoX group UAV Operators Certificate (ReOC).
The successful candidates should have the following attributes:
A current Remote Pilot License (RePL) including:
- UAV Multirotor, VTOL Fixed Wing (powered lift) & Helicopter (optional) sub 25Kg type rating.
- Sub 7Kg UAV type’s ratings to be upgraded as required
- Radio operator’s certificate (AROC)
- Some experience in flying and servicing UAV platforms.
- Valid Australian Driver’s license.
- First Aid Certification would be highly regarded
- Experience operating RPAS in EVLOS / BVLOS environments.
- An ability to communicate clearly with your team.
- Prior experience in photogrammetry, multispectral and LiDAR survey missions.
- An understanding of Arducopter & Arduplane ecosystem and similar systems.
- Some experience with RC aircraft, electronics or related remote aviation tasks.
These positions are available on a full-time permanent basis on a work cycle rotation from Perth , Darwin or Brisbane to client sites.
Some of our Airborne Survey projects are very large areas, so a flexible work cycle on FIFO or drive in/out will be determined on a project-by-project basis. As a specialist exploration industry focused business, AirGeoX applies relevant industry awards and conditions.
If you are interested in this unique opportunity and would like to be a part of this cutting-edge operation, please submit your qualifications and resume.