Ardupilot compatible 20 x 20 AIO

https://www.google.com/search?q=ardupilot+20+x+20+aio

As you can see from google I’m not the first person to ask this question. So I apologize for the repeat. But the most recent time this has been posted was 2020. I was hoping that maybe there have been some advances since then and the recommendations aren’t necessarily all going to be for F4 boards.

I need at least 1 uart for ELRS and either a 2nd uart or a canbus or i2c for gps, and an integrated (analog) OSD would be really nice. Anyone have a recommendation they like?

I’ve been considering the GOKU GN 745 40A AIO BL_32 V1.2

I’m (edit: not )looking at the Holybro Kakute H7 Mini as it appears to not actually be an AIO and I would need a 4in1 which I’m not sure there’s room for.

Finally there’s also the Foxeer Reaper F745 AIO

I’m working my way down the list of compatible autopilots and trying to find them on aliexpress, but prices are all over the place and there isn’t any way to sort by size or mounting hole distance, and some of these boards say they’re 25x25 instead of 20x20, so I figured “why not just ask?”

My goal here is to buy this drone, pull the FC, and install an ardupilot one. With a $400 camera, I am not going to have the only thing keeping it from falling out of the sky be my own personal skill as a pilot.

……….

Matek H743-Mini

Matek is not AIO.
Ardupilot is already compatible with a very small number of AIOs. And with your size the problem cannot be solved in principle.

Before he edited his post he included the Kakute H7 mini board so I assumed it was a contender AIO or not and offered an alternative I use.

I should have done more research before posting. It appears that there isn’t anything like I’m looking for.

EDIT: I am doubly an idiot. I re-read the details about the FC.

It’s 25x25

That was totally my bad. I posted before researching. I even had the mounting pattern wrong.

A Kakute H7 Mini or MatekH743 Mini with a 20-40A stacked ESC is minuscule. There’s no reason it wouldn’t work on the size craft you linked.

It’s also very easy to drill your own mounting holes, 3D print a thin adapter, or even just use some foam tape for mounting.

It’s also not supported by Ardupilot. No F722 based board is.

That’s exactly my problem. The board in the quad isn’t ardupilot compatible. So I have to replace it with one that is.

Or, as has been suggested, replace it with an FC + ESC stack. The Matek H743 mini you suggested is still a good candidate for the FC. Well, the 25x25 version. Actually, the “slim” is 30 x 30. The “mini” is 20 x 20. What’s the 25x25 version called?

I don’t know about a 25x25 version. There are 3, Mini, Slim and Wing. Go with the Mini, stack it with a Mini 4in1.

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-iflight-blitzf7AIO.html

Just want to add that having an AIO with onboard gyros aren’t ideal as the noise generated from the ESCs bleed over into the gyro as noise, causing poor flight characteristics.

I did some reading and that drone has a 5 minute flight time. Since there’s no way to fit extra batteries I’ve abandoned the idea.

Now I’m considering putting a regular old 3D camera on a source one v5. So I no longer have this problem.