Ardupilot Code Expert

My company, PhasorLab, is looking for someone to assist us to develop a method to interface our artificial GPS positioning system to ArduPilot firmware. This will involve spoofing the firmware into thinking its getting a normal GPS sentence, but the sentence will be coming from our proprietary system.

Please respond to Joe Marrone at jmarrone@phasorlab.com

Back again. I want to clarify what we need. We have to know exactly what the sentence structure looks like that Ardupilot processes … ublox, NMEA, or something else? And we would like to look at the code that receives the GPS sentences to look at the timing. Our system’s timing involves some delays and we have to work out a solution for this. So it is not just a simple case of connecting our device and running. There’s a lot more to it than that. Thus we are looking for a consultant to help us navigate through this process, someone who ideally has worked with the GPS navigation portion of the code.

Also, could someone point me to the code that processes the GPS sentences? It would help us begin to understand how the GPS data is processed…

Thanks,
Joe

Why fake up a GPS rather than using the external position MAVLink messages? (vision position and vision speed) They work well and are used by a number of different external position systems, for example:

1 Like

PhasorLab is looking for a consultant who knows how to modify the ArduPilot navigation & estimation software (EKF filters), simulation framework, and adding support for additional hardware.
If you have experience in this area we would like to talk to you. Contact me at jmarrone@phasorlab.com

Thanks,
Joe