Arduino Upload Issues

I’m having issues uploading the new 3.1 firmware to my APM1 board using Arduino.

I can upload the firmware using the MP but when I upload it through Arduino I get the following error after the upload process and also the MP fails to connect to the APM:

[color=#0000BF]avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x3c003
0x4d != 0x04
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch[/color]

All was still working fine in 3.1-rc5 so I’m not sure if anything has changed that might be causing this…

Andre,
This is because we’re running out of flash space on the APM. You’ll need to use the MHV compiler which is detailed here: dev.ardupilot.com/wiki/building- … o-windows/
…or you can disable some options in the APM_Config.h. They are listed about half way down in APM_Config so you can just uncomment some lines.

Hi Randy,
I see it states that for 3.1 the compiler only works on APM 2.0+ and I have a APM1 board.
Before I compile my firmware I am already disabling MOUNT, OPTFLOW, AC_FENCE and CAMERA.
It tells me that the sketch size is 247kb out of a maximum of 256kb so I dont think Im running out of space yet…

Hi Randy,
I un-commented the “#define GPS_PROTOCOL GPS_PROTOCOL_UBLOX” line as I do have the UBLOX GPS module. This took the sketch size down to 238kb and it uploaded without any issues.
Just to confirm what I did above is correct?
Thanks,