Arducopter PPM sum in --> Ch6, Ch7, CH8 PPM out

Hello-

I want to use an Alex Mos Gimbal with my APM copter.
To control Pitch, Yaw and Camera Trigger (also for Cam Trigger a ppm signal is needed not just a switch because I have a quite sophisticated trigger that has more then one function, selectable via the PPM signal it gets)
I would need the channels 6,7 and 8 as simple PPM out on some pins.
The receiver I use is connected via Sum PPM to the APM and has no other outputs (D4FRII), so the APM has to decode the sum ppm stream.

I would expect that is a problem that quite a lot of users have?

Any solution for this? I use Arducopter 3.1.

Kind regards
Roman

Yes, we need to add support for brushless gimbals in arducopter. I’m sure some support will be added in AC3.2.

Until then it may be possible to use the regular gimbal (copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/camera-mount/) but you’ll need to set up the brushless gimbal to interpret the roll, pitch and yaw input as an angle request instead of as a rate request.

The ability to simply pass through input from the pilot to one of the output channels is on the arducopter issues list somewhere. github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/ … state=open. Someone else asked for that just yesterday so it might be high enough priority to add for AC3.2 as well.

Hi Randy-

thats awesome news!

Anyways- your and the others developers work is sooooooo awesome!!

What I will do until then:
I just route an other wire from the CPPM output of my D4R II (take care: it needs a new firmware to work with 8Ch !!) to the Alex Mos controller and select the appropriate channels in there (from what I have seen this is possible now), and ignore those (probably CH6 and 7) in the APM.
Ch5 will be used for mode selection (modded the Taranis- S1 is now a 6 pos switch).
Further more I have built my own extremely light IR trigger for my cam (smaller then the existing ones plus selection of photo / video via one channel).
I will change the code now, so it triggers on CH8 in the CPPM stream…
Nice thing about it- just 1 wire to the whole gimbal setup :wink: (and perhaps a buffer- we will see…) :smiley:

Have a great new years eve!
Roman

[quote=“RCopter”]Hi Randy-

thats awesome news!

I just route an other wire from the CPPM output of my D4R II (take care: it needs a new firmware to work with 8Ch !!) to the Alex Mos controller and select the appropriate channels in there (from what I have seen this is possible now), and ignore those (probably CH6 and 7) in the APM.
Ch5 will be used for mode selection (modded the Taranis- S1 is now a 6 pos switch).
Further more I have built my own extremely light IR trigger for my cam (smaller then the existing ones plus selection of photo / video via one channel).
Nice thing about it- just 1 wire to the whole gimbal setup :wink: (and perhaps a buffer- we will see…) :smiley:

Roman[/quote]

Hi RCopter can you confirm this works ?

I have an Alex Mos ver 3 and want to pass through ch7 & ch8 for Roll/Pitch Gimble override.
Can you really run the PPM signal into the Alex Mos when its already connected to the APM ?

regards
Matt

[quote=“RCopter”]Hi Randy-

thats awesome news!

Roman[/quote]

RCopter can you confirm what you said works ?

I have the same situation.

regards
Matt