Arducopter and motors

Hi everybody,

I had a question about APM 2.5 with arductopter 2.9 and motors.
Indeed, i supposed that, when the quad is armed, the motors spin (at low speed).

Is it true? For me, even if i changed param thr_min (default 130) nothing happen. But if i increase throttle value, motors spin. But when come back to min throttle they stop!

There is no minimum value for motors spin even when throttle is in minimum position.

Have you a idea?

Thank you

The motors should not spin when armed and lowest throttle.
you can adjust the transmitter to give a little throttle but I suggest not, as there might be problem with arming / disarming.
The way to know if its armed is just by rising the throttle a bit and see if it spins.

Its important to calibrate your ESC’s so it gives the same amount of throttle to all motors. If you haven’t done it, do it.

it is true the motors should not spin at 0%

BUT if u like acro mode for flips and special figures in the sky you should set the motors for an always spin minimum speed (i have around 10%) to assure they start up again with 100% warranty

If u flip the Quad/Hexacopter in reverse you close the trottle to 0% so you dont loose to much height.
Returning to a normal flight a not starting engine is the worst case scenario

Thanks for your answer.

But I manualy calibrate each ESC (separatly). Now on my Rc low throttle value is 1076. RC 3 Min is 130.
But when i arm my quad there is no low speed spin. I need to move up throttle stick to launch motors. When i came back to min throttle, motors stop.

I change just for test RC 3 min at 1100. and motors always spin even APM is disarmed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Absolutely confused with the issue I have.

I have a DJI F550 with DJI motors & ESCs running with Ardupilot Mega 2.5. To arm the APM I have to push both sticks of my TX to the right.

Q1. both sticks to the right, is that the normal way?

and, once I have the solid red LED on the APM the motors can be spun up, BUT as soon as I drop the throttle and the motors stop turning the APM disarms immediately. Can anyone help me on this one.

Running Futaba T8FG gear, and on the latest APM software, “Throttle Throws”, I cannot get the bottom end of my throttle throw below 1094, I have tried using flight trims and end point values on the TX but all this results in is the APM not being able to arm.

Please can some help, as I am new to this. (my first post too)

Kind regards.

[quote=“Bungraman”]Absolutely confused with the issue I have.

I have a DJI F550 with DJI motors & ESCs running with Ardupilot Mega 2.5. To arm the APM I have to push both sticks of my TX to the right.

Q1. both sticks to the right, is that the normal way?

and, once I have the solid red LED on the APM the motors can be spun up, BUT as soon as I drop the throttle and the motors stop turning the APM disarms immediately. Can anyone help me on this one.

Running Futaba T8FG gear, and on the latest APM software, “Throttle Throws”, I cannot get the bottom end of my throttle throw below 1094, I have tried using flight trims and end point values on the TX but all this results in is the APM not being able to arm.

Please can some help, as I am new to this. (my first post too)

Kind regards.[/quote]

Hello,
I have a 8fg and I have been able to set throttle end points to 1000-2000. Are you sure you’re doing it right?
Throttle end point values on futaba in general are around 117 high and 127 low. This should give you the range of 1000-2000